Music: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2020: Doobies, mode, T Rex, Biggie, NIN,

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
List is out

Mostly blah is my reaction

Doobie brothers, thin lizzy and pat benatar and Priest got my attention.

I know U2 have been pushing for Lizzy for years.

I can see the hall capitulation and putting BIG in

There is a new guy in charge but the old guard is still there and I doubt lizzy, motorhead and Priest get in

They will play like they always do

Although if Priest or motorhead get in, that could mean Maiden could get in next year

Like when Bon Jovi went in, you knew Def Leppard would go in the next year..

I don't mind rap but there are several heavy metal bands more deserving

Reactions: angusyoung

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Not for nothing, but how do the Smiths continue to get snubbed? I’m a fan, but not the biggest one, and to my ears, is there a more influential band in the past 30 years? Just about every indie band, especially from the UK has taken something from them. The Cure and the Smiths were the two biggest snubs until the Cure got in last year.

T. Rex likely gets in under the Roxy Music reasoning. Soundgarden is a given. I think two of Lizzy, Priest and Motorhead get in...probably the last two, paving the way for Maiden next year. And, Biggie also is a given.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Looks like motorhead fans are not happy.

Only the 3 guys from the ace of spades era have been nominated. Guys who spent 30 and 20 years in the band have been snubbed

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
THE NOMINEES FOR THE 2020 ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

Welcome to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Class of 2020 Nominees

VOTE HERE: Rock Hall Fan Vote - Google Search

AND HERE: The 2020 & Roll Hall of Fame Nominees - Future Rock Legends

01. Pat Benatar
02. Dave Matthews Band
03. Depeche Mode
04. The Doobie Brothers
05. Judas Priest
06. Kraftwerk
07. MC5
08. Motörhead
09. Nine Inch Nails
10. Notorious B.I.G.
11. Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
12. Soundgarden
13. T. Rex
14. Thin Lizzy
15. Todd Rundgren
16. Whitney Houston

1050x550-group_3.jpg

512x430-group_5.jpg

They are not letting us view the results of the fan poll this year. Not right now, anyway!

Rock Hall Fan Vote - Google Search

Last edited:

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
So Golden Earring still getting snubbed. Can expect what gets in is no surprise!

This piece alone is worthy: Years ago and recent.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Thin Lizzy is long long overdue. I'm honestly shocked T. Rex isn't already in there. Also a bit surprising Benetar hasn't gotten in yet, as her biggest hits are still well known today. I love NIN and Soundgarden, and would be happy to see either or both of them get inducted (though it's a shame Cornell won't be there to accept).
Whitney Houston is obviously getting in. Like it or not (and I was never a fan personally), she is by far the most famous person on that list.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No Sade but they continue to try and put Chaka Freaking Khan in

What a disgrace as usual with most of the list

And how the hell is Duran Duran never on list? They should be in HOF

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Sleater-Kinney just seems like a band that will get snubbed for 20+ years for reasons unclear

Saw Sleater Kinney open for Pearl Jam in 2005. Thought they were awful. Don’t get why people like them.

Then again, maybe I’d warm up to them if I listened to them more than just that one time, but after not liking them when I saw them, I had no reason to.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Tina turner should have been in before stevie Nick's. Nick's was already in for mac and her solo stuff was not the ground breaking. But when you look at who is making the decisions it is still filled with people she partied with

Reactions: peate

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
I know a few years ago there was a list posted naming about 1/2 the people who decided---the observation at the time was made that was made up of a lot of guys in the music scene from the 60/70's and were Eagles fans and music like that

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Official Fan Vote Leaderboard

Fan Vote 2020

Vote again!

Results now showing!

nice to see MC5 and Rufas at the bottom where they should be

I am a rocker--hard rock, thrash, punk and other stuff--if it has a electric guitar played loud--I am into it--I do not get the love in critic have with MC5-- They have Kick Out the Jam--what else?

Steppenwolf had a bigger impact than MC5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad