Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Up until Saturday afternoon UPL was an extra that went on the ice after the main part of practice was over. Saturday was the first time he was out for the entire thing. He didn't take part in any drills or line rushes.

>> Fact: the Amerks have a .651 win% with Cornel in the line-up this season and a .000 win% without.

Using that one!!

I still don't see him starting, but maybe hed relieve Wedgewood if he gets off to a bad start.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Start of 3rd: 2-0 Amerks
1 minute into 3rd: 2-2 tie

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

giphy.gif

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Sad. I enjoyed watching the Amerks this season. They've outshot and outplayed Toronto but have nothing to show for it. Hard to blame Taylor for players not burying their chances and the goalie not shutting the door.

keithLGA

Jun 2, 2009
Rochester, NY
www.letsgoamerks.com
Smith has what, three missed breakaways and a pipe? Olofsson has three or four iron clanks. The hopelessness of the Sabres season seems to have infected their stocks.

And Redmond hasn’t looked the same since coming back from injury.
Redmond hasn't said he's 100%, just isn't the same.

Pilut hasn't looked the same since his time in Buffalo.

At least the Tennyson era is almost over.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Redmond hasn't said he's 100%, just isn't the same.

Pilut hasn't looked the same since his time in Buffalo.

At least the Tennyson era is almost over.

The parallels between Pilut’s early-season play and Guhle’s early-season play last season, their treatment in Buffalo, and their struggles upon returning to the farm club are too similar to ignore.

Maybe the Housley’s are looking for a butler, opening a door seems to be about the only thing that Tennyson is good at.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Smith has what, three missed breakaways and a pipe? Olofsson has three or four iron clanks. The hopelessness of the Sabres season seems to have infected their stocks.

And Redmond hasn’t looked the same since coming back from injury.

If I remember correctly, Redmond ripped one off the crossbar like 90 seconds into the game on Friday. I think the talk of putting UPL in is asinine. People talk about development reasons—is tanking his confidence by throwing him in the fire going to help him? Wedgewood isn’t standing on his head but he’s been good enough that they could have won. Point the finger at all the guys that can’t bury their many, many chances when they count the most.

But on the bright side, Gordon Bombay caught iron in the biggest moment of his playing career and ended up being a great coach. So 10-15 years from now we might finally have a viable coaching candidate (who will also check off the mandatory “former ties to the organization” box).

Reactions: Chainshot

keithLGA

Jun 2, 2009
Rochester, NY
www.letsgoamerks.com
If I remember correctly, Redmond ripped one off the crossbar like 90 seconds into the game on Friday. I think the talk of putting UPL in is asinine. People talk about development reasons—is tanking his confidence by throwing him in the fire going to help him? Wedgewood isn’t standing on his head but he’s been good enough that they could have won. Point the finger at all the guys that can’t bury their many, many chances when they count the most.
If one possible loss tanks someones confidence there are bigger things to worry about.

Game 1 was partially on Wedgewood. He makes the saves when they're needed and maybe they score.

Save percentages in recent Amerks playoff history:

Craig Anderson '07: .909
Plante '10: .935
Leggio '12: .876
Leggio '13: .830
Makarov '14: .907
Ullmark '18: .800
Wedgewood '19: .848

Not all on the goaltending but for people who are invested on the team they all see goaltending issues in the post season year after year.

Reactions: Chainshot

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
If one possible loss tanks someones confidence there are bigger things to worry about.

Game 1 was partially on Wedgewood. He makes the saves when they're needed and maybe they score.

Save percentages in recent Amerks playoff history:

Craig Anderson '07: .909
Plante '10: .935
Leggio '12: .876
Leggio '13: .830
Makarov '14: .907
Ullmark '18: .800
Wedgewood '19: .848

Not all on the goaltending but for people who are invested on the team they all see goaltending issues in the post season year after year.

I’m just of the mindset that if even half of the grade A scoring chances they’ve had go in, we’re not even talking about goaltending.
But that’s certainly a fair assessment and when you look at the numbers year after year it’s hard not to agree.

As for UPL, I don’t think it’s going to ruin him of course. (I like to accumulate steps on my Fitbit by immediately walking back on the things I say). But I do think it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on his shoulders, including carrying the weight of the guys up front who aren’t getting it done. I guess it’s just the conservative part of me thinking it’s more likely for that move to blow up in Taylor’s face rather than pan out.

I do agree that if he were to get lit up and it made him worse off rather than motivating him to get himself to the next level (i.e., pro hockey) then he didn’t have the mental toolkit to succeed regardless.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Tennyson is Tennyson. Just get that guy away from everything. Re-insert Dougherty. If you've lost faith in Gosselin, put in a steady vet like Paetsch - they're 7-0-1 in the last 8 games in which he's played. Malone had a couple points in last season's playoffs...maybe play him on the 4th line? I'd put Tage with Olofsson and Asplund to see how that goes and just change the look.

You can't go back to Wedgewood in Game 3...can you?

Smith-Porter-O'Regan
Olofsson-Asplund-Thompson
Leier-Criscuolo-Simpson
DSmith-Malone-Cornel

MacWilliam-Borgen
Pilut-Redmond
Paetsch-Dougherty

UPL
Wedgewood

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Just really disappointing the playoffs are going like this. Lost all faith in CT unless he reverse sweeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad