Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So with the young D actually looking quite good, who is the D opening night playoffs?

Redmond, Pilut, Borgen obviously. Probably Tennyson too. Who else though? Dougherty? MacWilliam? Hickey? Or maybe do Gosselin or Fitz get a shot? Curious to see.

Tennyson's UFA and I would be mildly surprised if he is brought back. Dougherty is RFA on his NHL-level deal as is Martin who seems likely to not be tendered.

Pilut likely should break camp with the Sabres.

Redmond's going into year 2 of his AHL deal. Gosselin and Baudry are on AHL deals, MacWilliam's deal expires this summer but he's a guy who offers solid defensive play. Gosselin's been good with Redmond, not sure how Baudry is going to play, but they probably need to keep MacWilliam or someone of his ilk to stabilize the defense.

NHL deal guys signed for next year would be Borgen (likely back to start the year), Fitzgerald (who's looked good in his cycles down the stretch) and Hickey. Stephens will be still under contract as well, but it would take something IMO for him to push up into the Amerks roster.

So that's Redmond, Borgen, Fitzgerald, Hickey, Gosselin, and probably Dougherty. They could stand to get another quality body in there like MacWilliam and of course the known issue that Buffalo will go about 10-deep on their blueline based on past averages. I'd love to see them add Bryson into the mix, especially to replace some of Pilut's offensive game.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Tennyson's UFA and I would be mildly surprised if he is brought back. Dougherty is RFA on his NHL-level deal as is Martin who seems likely to not be tendered.

Pilut likely should break camp with the Sabres.

Redmond's going into year 2 of his AHL deal. Gosselin and Baudry are on AHL deals, MacWilliam's deal expires this summer but he's a guy who offers solid defensive play. Gosselin's been good with Redmond, not sure how Baudry is going to play, but they probably need to keep MacWilliam or someone of his ilk to stabilize the defense.

NHL deal guys signed for next year would be Borgen (likely back to start the year), Fitzgerald (who's looked good in his cycles down the stretch) and Hickey. Stephens will be still under contract as well, but it would take something IMO for him to push up into the Amerks roster.

So that's Redmond, Borgen, Fitzgerald, Hickey, Gosselin, and probably Dougherty. They could stand to get another quality body in there like MacWilliam and of course the known issue that Buffalo will go about 10-deep on their blueline based on past averages. I'd love to see them add Bryson into the mix, especially to replace some of Pilut's offensive game.

Meant for this playoffs but that is an interesting review for next year too! :laugh:

Seems like it might be a younger group next year

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Great regular season by the Amerks, finishing with 99 pts. Will finish in the top-5 of the AHL, and perhaps as high as 3rd.

Where has our favorite Amerks fan been? (He’s been raging on Twitter that the team isn’t very good, that’s where.)

COMPLETELY forgot about that guy. Haven't seen him in forever

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Cleveland Monstwrs are creaming the Marlies right now. Toronto has 15 players in their lineup that didn’t play the last game though. 15!

The B Sens loss to the (B) Amerks today will cost them the playoffs.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Luukkonen with 32 saves on 34 shots.

Scoring
1st
6:44BELLogan Brown (14) ASST: Drake Batherson (39), Nick Paul(23)
10:29ROCTaylor Leier (21) ASST: Wayne Simpson (22), Kyle Criscuolo (13) (PP)
13:37ROCTaylor Leier (22) ASST: Wayne Simpson (23), Tage Thompson (3) (PP)
2nd
2:16BELJack Rodewald (23) ASST: Rudolfs Balcers (14), Drake Batherson (40) (PP)
14:25ROCTage Thompson (6) ASST: Kurt Gosselin (3), Wayne Simpson (24) (PP)
3rd
11:14ROCCasey Fitzgerald (1) ASST: Taylor Leier (20), Kyle Criscuolo (14)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
How close is Nylander to returning and why didn’t Asplund play today ?

None of their top players played today, it was their 3rd game in less than 48 hours so they rested the high ice time guys. Nylander is a question mark but I think we see him for the playoffs.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It remains interesting that Cornel played every game and Taylor pumped his tires in a number of interviews late in the season. It's cool to see someone turn into a pro, even if his upward path likely isn't there any more.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
I suppose I owe the AHL a bit of shilling for streaming their games. AHLtv is a pretty good service. Really easy to use and if you're looking to watch the games in higher quality and with the ability to stream the games to your TV. That's a pretty decent price point.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Don't forget Hickey and Dougherty. They are pro rookies this year and only 1 year older (Both 96s to Bryson's 97 birth year.) Then there is the slightly older college UDFA Gosselin who has been impressive so far.

Plus we have a lot of D coming behind them in a year or two as well. The pipeline looks good.

I don't think Borgen stays in Rochester all next year either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad