Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
That’s the exact point I make every time people start screaming for Rochester promotions.

I don't think its set in stone like that. Some players are more fit for the NHL than they are the AHL and vice versa. Moulson couldn't score a goal in the NHL to save his life in his final season but hes racking up the points in the AHL. Should Moulson have been called back up since he would be leading the Amerks in points? Hell no!

Then on the flipside you have Pettersson producing at the same clip in the SHL as he does in the NHL and in that same league Olofsson scored more goals. I don't think you ever really know how someone will play or produce until you try it..which is why the lack of calls ups is frustrating.

Last edited:
Reactions: SwedeDreams

Deleted member 27798

Give it a few weeks, and I think several Amerks(not all at the same time) will get 5 game looks with the big team...before they head back to Rochester for the playoffs.

The only question is, will Phil put them on a line with Eichel or Sobotka?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Assuming that Casey, Tage, Smith, and Pilut all go down for the Calder Cup playoffs, what is the lineup? They're going to have some tough decisions. Do they take Dalton Smith out of the lineup? The answer is probably yes, much to the chagrin of Amerks fans. Does Cornel sit despite being solid in the bottom-6 this year? Again, probably yes. Where does Nylander fit if he isn't traded? If he's in, you probably have to move one of those top-9 guys below to the 4th line, and sit one of Oglevie, Leier, or Elie.

Smith-Mitts-Thompson
Wilson-Porter-Simpson
Olofsson-Asplund-O'Regan
Leier-Oglevie-Elie

Pilut-Redmond
Guhle-Dougherty
MacWilliam-Borgen

Wedgewood

It would be hilarious if they don't send Tage down for the playoffs. "Nah, he's an NHL player."

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Can Casey and Tage even do that? I remember when Jamie Benn was sent down to get playoff experience, but that seems like an outlier of a case.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Assuming that Casey, Tage, Smith, and Pilut all go down for the Calder Cup playoffs, what is the lineup? They're going to have some tough decisions. Do they take Dalton Smith out of the lineup? The answer is probably yes, much to the chagrin of Amerks fans. Does Cornel sit despite being solid in the bottom-6 this year? Again, probably yes. Where does Nylander fit if he isn't traded? If he's in, you probably have to move one of those top-9 guys below to the 4th line, and sit one of Oglevie, Leier, or Elie.

Smith-Mitts-Thompson
Wilson-Porter-Simpson
Olofsson-Asplund-O'Regan
Leier-Oglevie-Elie

Pilut-Redmond
Guhle-Dougherty
MacWilliam-Borgen

Wedgewood

It would be hilarious if they don't send Tage down for the playoffs. "Nah, he's an NHL player."

What happens when they don't send either Mittelstadt or Thompson down?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
What happens when they don't send either Mittelstadt or Thompson down?

It wouldn't surprise me, sadly. That environment would be really good for those guys. I expect excuses about nagging injuries and Casey playing more hockey than he's ever played before, etc. Like I said, I could see them not sending Tage if for no other reason than preserving Nylander's lineup spot in the top-9.

Reactions: Chainshot

keithLGA

Jun 2, 2009
Rochester, NY
www.letsgoamerks.com
Remi Elie played majority of the season with Dallas last season before joining Texas for the last two games of the regular season and then going on a Calder Cup run. It's possible. Him and Thompson are eligible. It wouldn't shock me if they didn't send them down but if the Sabres don't make the playoffs it should raise questions.

CJ Smith-Mitts-Thompson
Wilson-Porter-Simpson
Olofsson-Asplund-O'Regan
Leier-Oglevie-Elie

Pilut-Redmond
Guhle-Dougherty
MacWilliam-Borgen

What a playoff lineup that would be!!

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Remi Elie played majority of the season with Dallas last season before joining Texas for the last two games of the regular season and then going on a Calder Cup run. It's possible. Him and Thompson are eligible. It wouldn't shock me if they didn't send them down but if the Sabres don't make the playoffs it should raise questions.

CJ Smith-Mitts-Thompson
Wilson-Porter-Simpson
Olofsson-Asplund-O'Regan
Leier-Oglevie-Elie

Pilut-Redmond
Guhle-Dougherty
MacWilliam-Borgen

What a playoff lineup that would be!!

Care to remind me what the rules and restrictions are regarding player eligibility for the AHL playoffs?

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

Smith-Mitts-Thompson
Wilson-Porter-Simpson
Olofsson-Asplund-O'Regan
Leier-Oglevie-Elie

Pilut-Redmond
Guhle-Dougherty
MacWilliam-Borgen

Wedgewood

I'll take "how do you split a lockerroom for $400, Alex."

Sending that many players down to the farm club for the playoffs, and bumping the players who worked hard to get the Amerks to the playoffs out of the lineup reeks of bad idea, imo.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Care to remind me what the rules and restrictions are regarding player eligibility for the AHL playoffs?
There are no particular eligibility rules for the playoffs, as far as I know, but (barring some exceptions for injured players) only players on loan as of the trade deadline can be sent down after the deadline (meaning that players on the NHL roster as of the deadline cannot be sent down afterwards, nor can players who sign ELCs and play in the NHL post-deadline).

Regarding Mittelstadt or Thompson going down, though, I don't see it. It remains to be seen just what the roster looks like at the time, including who's on IR or who might end up traded at the deadline, but a team can't loan themselves below 18 skaters on the active roster. As the roster stands right now, they have 21 skaters on the active roster, with Scandella on IR. If there are no roster moves before the deadline, that'd allow them to only send down 3 skaters at the deadline. If, say, they moved out someone like Beaulieu, with no other moves, then they'd only be able to send down two.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Redmond with the OT winner on the PP! God I don't know how we survived so many games without him.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Zach Redmond has to get another shot in the NHL. To say he's having a career year is an understatement, 30 year old defenseman over a PPG and on an almost 40 goal pace.

Reactions: Kyndig

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Zach Redmond has to get another shot in the NHL. To say he's having a career year is an understatement, 30 year old defenseman over a PPG and on an almost 40 goal pace.

Call him up sit him in the box. Give him one game in a defensive role on his off side. Housley style.

Reactions: dang111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad