Buffalo, NY

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Amerks rolling early, Leier on the board

2 tip goals and a shot from the slot. Hope housley is watching

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Good lord, Rochester blows a 4-1 lead. Tied now. Defense when Borgen and Dougherty aren’t out there has been atrocious. Porter has sucked too.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Guhle thought he had more help up the middle from F1 and he was trying to make sure he didn't get beat to the outside.

He has the play in front of him and can see his forwards are behind the play. Turn outside when the player goes outside, not before. Getting beat to the inside is the worst thing he could do.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
He has the play in front of him and can see his forwards are behind the play. Turn outside when the player goes outside, not before. Getting beat to the inside is the worst thing he could do.

Cornel wasn't behind the play. He stopped skating.

And Bastian is a RH shot coming down the RW. I can understand why Guhle read it as an outside drive.

Obviously it didn't work out the way Guhle planned. But, you were asking what he was thinking and I am telling you what I think he was thinking as a guy that plays LHD and is the coach that runs the D on my son's bantam team.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Cornel wasn't behind the play. He stopped skating.

And Bastian is a RH shot coming down the RW. I can understand why Guhle read it as an outside drive.

Obviously it didn't work out the way Guhle planned. But, you were asking what he was thinking and I am telling you what I think he was thinking as a guy that plays LHD and is the coach that runs the D on my son's bantam team.

Fair enough on the thought process. Just seems by his hips already being turned he was making it obvious what he expected to happen and wasn't in body position to account for anything other than the expected to happen.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Fair enough on the thought process. Just seems by his hips already being turned he was making it obvious what he expected to happen and wasn't in body position to account for anything other than the expected to happen.

He obviously made the pivot to defend the outside drive too soon.

That was the mistake that led to goal.

If he doesn't do that, then Bastian likely takes the outside drive and either shoots or carries the puck around the net for a low to high look to one of his teammates.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
He obviously made the pivot to defend the outside drive too soon.

That was the mistake that led to goal.

If he doesn't do that, then Bastian likely takes the outside drive and either shoots or carries the puck around the net for a low to high look to one of his teammates.
That play smells like what I’ve surmised his entire season has been: a complete lack of confidence.

To me....looks like He pivoted too early because he didn’t think his foot speed could match that of the guy bearing down on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->