Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Yes, unfortunately. Early projections are that we will stand to lose either Guhle or Asplund in expansion.

A shame that it isn't 2020 when the draft happens, would have made our lives so much easier.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
A shame that it isn't 2020 when the draft happens, would have made our lives so much easier.
Definitely, but alas, the league does not want contending teams to have their lives made easier. If this is the price of being a contending team, I’ll pay it.

The only way I can see out of losing Asplund is if the team assigns him to Sweden next year, if I understand the rules correctly only AHL/NHL experience counts. They won’t do that obviously, as it sends a bad message. More likely we’ll swing some kind of a deal and then hope it doesn’t bite us like Columbus got bit.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Definitely, but alas, the league does not want contending teams to have their lives made easier. If this is the price of being a contending team, I’ll pay it.

The only way I can see out of losing Asplund is if the team assigns him to Sweden next year, if I understand the rules correctly only AHL/NHL experience counts. They won’t do that obviously, as it sends a bad message. More likely we’ll swing some kind of a deal and then hope it doesn’t bite us like Columbus got bit.

There will be a lot of roster shuffling between now and that expansion draft. I wouldn't spend a lot of energy trying to project that stuff in the interim.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Nylander digging that puck out...get him to Buf

Well he didnt pass it but the effort is there

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Bailey... still wondering if he can finally put it together to find his way as a depth player. This latest run has been interesting at least. If he's engaged, he's more of a player than Elie.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Bailey... still wondering if he can finally put it together to find his way as a depth player. This latest run has been interesting at least. If he's engaged, he's more of a player than Elie.

His speed will always be a weapon. If they can teach him to just pass and cycle, Girgensons Larsson Bailey would crush people.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
His speed will always be a weapon. If they can teach him to just pass and cycle, Girgensons Larsson Bailey would crush people.

That seems to be the nature of him playing with Malone at least - work the wall, get pucks moving up the ice and occasionally use his feet to break things open. I hope it continues - they have 6 guys with between 6 and 8 goals which is nice balance.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'll never have faith in Bailey becoming a full time NHLer, but I think he can be a very good AHLer.

Nylander, however, is a very creative player. He makes his share of mistakes, but if put in a pure offensive role then I think he could be useful.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I agree.So perplexing to have that size,speed,shot and still be in minor s.Must be hockey IQ?

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Amerks have decided to salvage our evening I see. 4-2 now after a PP goal from Goalofsson. Asplund and Guhle are hot right now. Asplund with 5 pts in the last 3 games and Guhle with a 3 game pt streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad