Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
What's the rules on him being in Buffalo? He is currently the best goalie on either team.

Is he though? Is he clearly better than Dell? He is four years younger, granted.

I like the Houser story as much as anyone but let's keep things in perspective.

The way I see it, not counting UPL who is a total unknown, your quality of goaltending looks like this:

Anderson/Dell - Not sure how much Anderson has in the tank. Dell has proven he can handle 20-30 games a season and keep his team afloat.
Tokarski - Good AHL record, small NHL Record
Houser - Mostly ECHL experience, performed admirably in emergency NHL duty.

You could argue that he is above Tokarski due to age, and maybe Anderson if he doesn't have any tread left. But I think he is pretty clearly below at least Dell until and unless he shows more in the AHL/NHL. At a minimum, Dell's track record suggests he is an adequate NHL backup, we don't know that with Houser yet.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What's the rules on him being in Buffalo? He is currently the best goalie on either team.

He would have to be signed to an NHL contract before he could be placed onto the Sabres roster.

He is in the same spot now as he was heading into last season as the ECHL-AHL depth goalie in the organization.

And personally, he is solidly 5th in the organizational depth chart behind Anderson, Dell, Tokarski, and UPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->