Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 27798

So you’ve been watching the Americans practice and play?
No, but I’ve seen enough of Murray in rookie and prospect tourney to form an opinion...

But around here it doesn’t matter.

Bunch of f***ing know it alls.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
No, but I’ve seen enough of Murray in rookie and prospect tourney to form an opinion...

But around here it doesn’t matter.

Bunch of ****ing know it alls.

That’s why were here. Olsen is a small scrappy winger. Murray at the moment is getting work at Center again. They may be looking at future checking options and seeing if they can do anything with a frame that big that goes to the net. There are tools there even if they are hard to spot. Watching him at the end of his last few games with the Penn State, He was actually being used as their defensive center in key situations. That might still be what they’re thinking about doing with him in the future.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Wheeler: One prospect from all 31 NHL teams poised for a...

Rasmus Asplund — C, 21, Rochester Americans

I considered Dylan Cozens for this because I still can’t believe the Sabres got him seventh overall and he’s going to make the WHL look like child’s play — but that seemed too easy. Given the play of guys like Tage Thompson and Victor Olofsson, Asplund has almost flown under the radar despite progressing well in each of his three seasons since his draft year. He was one of the better rookies in the AHL last season and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if that 41 points in 75 games (0.55 points per game) became a 65-point pace (around 0.85 points per game) with an NHL call-up mixed in. Asplund already plays a well-rounded two-way game that would make him a fine bottom-six forward in the NHL. He’s an underrated playmaker too. I think he’s got more to offer as a scorer, though. If he can use his shot more and look off a pass here or there, that’s how he’ll take his game to the next level and potentially someday become a second-line option. Either way, the learning curve is behind him on the smaller ice and you should expect a big AHL season.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
I'll be streaming tonight's game, I was heavily considering going to it but I figured everyone here would be hockey hungry. I don't plan on streaming every game this season, especially at the beginning of the season when most of the focus is on the Sabres.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I'll be streaming tonight's game, I was heavily considering going to it but I figured everyone here would be hockey hungry. I don't plan on streaming every game this season, especially at the beginning of the season when most of the focus is on the Sabres.

Always appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->