Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
At least Jax gets the OT winner -

(Yes, it's Green Lantern night... )

That puts them in first in their division IIRC.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Back at it today with Belleville again, puck drop at 5:05 so at the same time as the Sabres getting pummeled errrr, playing in Florida. I expect some lineup changes since Warren once again left after his fight and didn't return, the defense was rough with Sjalin on his off-hand side, and Levi let in multiple softies.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Back at it today with Belleville again, puck drop at 5:05 so at the same time as the Sabres getting pummeled errrr, playing in Florida. I expect some lineup changes since Warren once again left after his fight and didn't return, the defense was rough with Sjalin on his off-hand side, and Levi let in multiple softies.
NCAA champ at 6 too. Too much hockey at the same time.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Are they in? I paid $50 for regular season and playoffs yesterday when they were tied 2-2. Did I make a mistake?

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Are they in? I paid $50 for regular season and playoffs yesterday when they were tied 2-2. Did I make a mistake?
1713024310207.jpeg

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
And there's the empty netter against. Levi lost this one as much as anything else. He stunk.
Bummer. Happens to the best of them. Hopefully, he rebounds. They need him on his A game for the playoffs.

Anyone want to guess where Bryson/Ostlund/ Savoie/ Clague fit in when/if they all are sent to ROC?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Bummer. Happens to the best of them. Hopefully, he rebounds. They need him on his A game for the playoffs.

Anyone want to guess where Bryson/Ostlund/ Savoie/ Clague fit in when/if they all are sent to ROC?

I don't think Bryson is eligible for the playoffs. He would have to be waived again to go back down and wasn't on their clearday roster since his last recall was in January.

Not a fan of Clague's game in Rochester. He's too loose with the puck and regularly hands away possession. That said, they have some problems with Stillman done for the year and Cecconi hurt that has them using Sjalin on his off-hand side and honestly... that's not working. They could put Clague back in and shuffle Sjalin back out.

With the other injuries, I would think Savoie or Ostlund could wind up on Biro's wing (he played with Neuchev and Slaggert last night) with Slaggert sliding back down now that it seems Warren is hurt again. They need to have some balance in their lineup, going too young and too small heading into the playoffs probably isn't the way.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I don't think Bryson is eligible for the playoffs. He would have to be waived again to go back down and wasn't on their clearday roster since his last recall was in January.

Not a fan of Clague's game in Rochester. He's too loose with the puck and regularly hands away possession. That said, they have some problems with Stillman done for the year and Cecconi hurt that has them using Sjalin on his off-hand side and honestly... that's not working. They could put Clague back in and shuffle Sjalin back out.

With the other injuries, I would think Savoie or Ostlund could wind up on Biro's wing (he played with Neuchev and Slaggert last night) with Slaggert sliding back down now that it seems Warren is hurt again. They need to have some balance in their lineup, going too young and too small heading into the playoffs probably isn't the way.
sounds familiar; at least this team is playoff bound.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
sounds familiar; at least this team is playoff bound.

I mean, I get the hope for all the offensive guys, but they have a bunch of important players sidelined right now. Murray (size, PP1 net front), Weissbach (PK, speed, low-key punk), Warren (physical forechecker), Kozak (defensive and physical center) and neither of Savoie or Ostlund look like they replace those roles right now. I know someone is already beefing about someday they might not put one or the other into the playoff lineup, but right now... we don't even know how well either kid is.

Reactions: oldgoalie

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I mean, I get the hope for all the offensive guys, but they have a bunch of important players sidelined right now. Murray (size, PP1 net front), Weissbach (PK, speed, low-key punk), Warren (physical forechecker), Kozak (defensive and physical center) and neither of Savoie or Ostlund look like they replace those roles right now. I know someone is already beefing about someday they might not put one or the other into the playoff lineup, but right now... we don't even know how well either kid is.
especially since Savoie looks like he's broken (again).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
especially since Savoie looks like he's broken (again).

Same with Ostlund. I have no issue if they are over and practicing but just tossing them into playoff games without prep when either could be hurt seems somewhere between foolishly hopeful to f***ing stupid on the scale of decisions.

Reactions: oldgoalie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad