Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2023-24 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Lol, Sabres never get that call, for or against.

Why play "Let It Be" for a goal chalked off by the ref and under review. Would you not want the call overturned, instead of let the decision stand?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don’t buy that someone trying to hit a puck with their stick is intentionally kicking at the same time.

It’s not physically possible

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I thought it would count hitting the goalies stick before going in. Right?
Straight from the NHL rulebook: Plays that involve a puck entering the net as a direct result of a “distinct kicking motion” shall be ruled NO GOAL.

A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who kicks a puck that deflects into the net off any player, goalkeeper or official.

I'd be hard pressed to say it that the goal wasn't scored because of anything other than a distinct kicking motion.

Reactions: joshjull

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Straight from the NHL rulebook: Plays that involve a puck entering the net as a direct result of a “distinct kicking motion” shall be ruled NO GOAL.

A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who kicks a puck that deflects into the net off any player, goalkeeper or official.

I'd be hard pressed to say it that the goal wasn't scored because of anything other than a distinct kicking motion.
Thank you

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I get the kick being no goal. It looked like a kick, they called it a kick. No problem.
I saw no distinct kicking motion, all he did was turn his leg to try and direct the puck to his stick. This has been called a goal more often then not in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad