Rochester Americans: 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Standing in for '27 for a moment -- he made one roster move in-season and that was the acquisition of O'Regan in trade. There were items to address from December on that were not addressed and their poor record in the last 4 months is indicative of a team that was not very good and needed help.

The season was a massive failure. They had one good month and were awful the rest of the season and obviously collapsed in the playoffs. The players were soft and weak and Taylor didn’t help matters. I’m not going to bother arguing with those who think Amerks fans should be satisfied with making the playoffs, because I’m not and never will be. Everyone failed, from Botterill barely touching the team all season to Taylor’s weak coaching. Syracuse and Tampa showed what a real organization is all about.

It's not liking making moves on the roster would've been the final solution to their issues. Why bother looking to make moves? They would have minimal effect on the team. :sarcasm:

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
So the team was soft, the defense sucked, and they still didn't play Borgen who would've improved the team in all those areas. This would be like the Sabres acquiring someone awesome at the trade deadline n being like "Nope, you can't play because the team got us to this point, so we're gonna stick with Tennyson/Beaulieu." This organization can't do anything right.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's not liking making moves on the roster would've been the final solution to their issues. Why bother looking to make moves? They would have minimal effect on the team. :sarcasm:

I must be missing the context of the sarcasm emoji. Maybe I just need another cup of coffee. I’m not sure I follow what you’re posting.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I must be missing the context of the sarcasm emoji. Maybe I just need another cup of coffee. I’m not sure I follow what you’re posting.

Not pointed at you, but follows with what some people think that it was no big deal that Botts didn’t address the roster more during the season with some thinking because it wasn’t going to turn around the season it was no big deal.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not pointed at you, but follows with what some people think that it was no big deal that Botts didn’t address the roster more during the season with some thinking because it wasn’t going to turn around the season it was no big deal.

Are! It really should’ve been a cup of coffee, because I see what you’re saying now.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
He and Nelson seem like the only 2 out of the 9 expiring UFA contracts they have who seem like they should be back.
Based on Redmond’s comments on some things mentioned in that Taylor interview. Sounds like there is a good chance he would come back.

Was surprised/impressed to hear how much the Amerks loved Taylor. In the interview above he’s told how much that was the case. How the players want to come back largely because of him. He was surprised himself how much the players loved him.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Some of the comments about it being about the city by the players is clearly a reflection on Taylor and probably some of the vets like Paetsch who call it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->