RoBort Cop (Roberto Bortuzzio)

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
If time permits I may be able to spend some time with Mr. Roborts and Robocop this weekend. It is possible their pixels may be compatible. The dark powers are mysterious that way.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
It had to be done.

w21x90.png

Very good, but I think you may need to use something like this. Too hard to tell it's Bortz under there.

robocop.jpg

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I have to say... the more I watch him, the more impressed I am with him. I feel bad that he didn't get much time last year.... but things are looking good for him this year.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I have to say... the more I watch him, the more impressed I am with him. I feel bad that he didn't get much time last year.... but things are looking good for him this year.

He's growing. Only thing missing from his game is familiarity with situations, which he's getting and the results are speaking for themselves.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
He's been throwing some vicious hits. If he can pack on about 10-15 more pounds he'll be a bonafide crusher.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I don`t see how you can say anything other than Bortuzzo has been great this season, especially given where he is at in his career. He only played sparingly in what was a short season last year, and he has improved a lot, physically and otherwise, since that time. So he`s essentially still an NHL rookie, albeit a slightly older one.

When you factor in that bigger guys tend to take longer to develop, and the fact that Dmen take longer to develop, I am thrilled with where this guy is at in his career and think he`s on a fantastic trajectory. He`s a keeper, it`s that simple.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I don`t see how you can say anything other than Bortuzzo has been great this season, especially given where he is at in his career. He only played sparingly in what was a short season last year, and he has improved a lot, physically and otherwise, since that time. So he`s essentially still an NHL rookie, albeit a slightly older one.

When you factor in that bigger guys tend to take longer to develop, and the fact that Dmen take longer to develop, I am thrilled with where this guy is at in his career and think he`s on a fantastic trajectory. He`s a keeper, it`s that simple.

Your apostrophes aren't apostrophes

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
RoBort is certainly not making me regret starting this thread. I think he deserves just as much credit as Maatta does. All I know is that Maatta hasn't looked as good without RoBort by his side.

They are #3 and #4 in +-/min behind Nisky/Scuds and I think you can make a legitimate argument that they have been our 3rd and 4th best D men YTD. All I know is that Letang/Orpik is not ahead of either of them so far.

Bortz has the best shots for/against of any Pen's D. That is saying a lot because of how often they have to play with our bottom 6 in front of them. I really like his passing in his own zone. He is not hanging his wingers out to dry like Orpik does with his hard arounds. He's making the easy pass and shielding the puck well with that big frame of his to make the passes that lead to zone exits.

Go Pens drafting, player development. It's nice to actually hit on a player or 2 after the huge dry spell. I can't wait until Scuds comes back and Orpik is the only logical player to sit. I never thought Orpik would be as bad as he has been so far.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Your apostrophes aren't apostrophes

I know, I keep hitting some combination of buttons that turns my keyboard into French keyboards, where the ? is an E with an accent, and my apostrophes are F-d up. Is this of particular significance to you though?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I know, I keep hitting some combination of buttons that turns my keyboard into French keyboards, where the ? is an E with an accent, and my apostrophes are F-d up. Is this of particular significance to you though?

If you have windows 7 then there's an icon on the taskbar that looks like a keyboard. Click it. I've done it before too, stupid thing.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

Yes. I take great exception to your polish apostrophes. Speak 'murican!

tinkezione

Butcher's Dog
Jul 22, 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
I haven't really followed all the threads 100% of the time recent days, so could someone summarize in a coherent way, why Bortuzzo did not play yesterday against Boston?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I haven't really followed all the threads 100% of the time recent days, so could someone summarize in a coherent way, why Bortuzzo did not play yesterday against Boston?

Basically because the team lost the game against the Habs. So obviously that was Bortuzzo's fault.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
So we lost in OT, does Bort get back in or is there a mandatory minimum of games he must sit before Dan will play him?

:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad