Confirmed with Link: Robinson Re-signed

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I think most have liked what he's shown. Hopefully his scoring becomes more consistent. Not that there's a reason to think it won't. I don't know as he's an Anderson replacement as some have suggested, but a one-way deal is... good for the kid.

They play similarly but he's clearly no Anderson replacement. Robinson is a nice player, good for the bottom 6, but his offensive upside isn't even close to Anderson's.

This is a good deal for us. I like him on the bottom line and he can maybe grow a more offensive game. I think he's basically what we wanted Hannikainen to be, and I think he has a future on the bottom line creating havoc and potentially good reach 10-15 goals one day.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
One of those no risk deals. If cap room would be needed, then he could be "buried" in the minors and there would be no cap hit at all. This season $1,050,000 of an NHL deal can be buried and that may go up next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Hes alright, although being 24 I think his potential to improve into a much better player is limited.

For under 1m its a good deal.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
its not like the team is cap limited and he will be available for the Seattle draft probably. if he keep it up it's good money for a 25/26 years old and even if he fall short. having him in Cleveland just cost rich people a bit of money so no big deal.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Congrats to Robby - he's earned the opportunity to stick around. Hopefully he can further develop his scoring touch along the way.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Bye Sonny Milano. I don't see him sticking around much longer with this signing.
I don’t connect the two as Robinson is a 3rd or 4th line role whereas Sonny, if he is to stick, is a 2nd line guy. That said, I come to the same conclusion - Sonny probably won’t stick with the Jackets. Like Duclair and Dzingel, he can play in the NHL - it just wont be here based on style of play.

It’s especially true right now in our forechecking, tight game style which relies on minimizing mistakes. Sonny can make plays, but he won’t forecheck the way Torts wants and he will make mistakes - the type that will irritate Torts.

Before someone jumps to the conclusion that I’m knocking Torts, I’m not. He’s playing the style that best allows this roster to win. Now do I think they could use Sonny’s offense? Heck yes (and I love watching Sonny’s offensive skills on display). But I’m not going to roast Torts for his defensive emphasis with this roster.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Good for money but I feel we tie our hands with the one way deals of this nature.

Oh well, guess he stays. I’d like some of the younger players to still push him since his hands still need a lot of work.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
We have cap room to sign our players.. we sign a 4th liner that plays the game extremely fast and the default is we must be getting rid of Sonny Milano. We were paying Chimera 2 million a year and he couldn't hit the goal. Robinson at 1 m seems like a good deal.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Good for money but I feel we tie our hands with the one way deals of this nature.

Oh well, guess he stays. I’d like some of the younger players to still push him since his hands still need a lot of work.

I mean, if ownership doesn’t mind paying a guy to play in the minors (and given it’s less than a million dollars and the Hanni situation, I don’t think they care) we don’t tie our hands at all by this.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Perfect depth signing. His speed opens up the ice and he has proven to be coachable in this system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad