News Article: Robin Lehner named first start of the week

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Well i hope lehner starts friday if he is not starting tomorrow.

I never knew we were facing the Bruins after Philly and now I understand why Anderson is starting tomorrow. Lehner has been tremendous against Boston and it seems they want to start him then but first want to give Anderson a game to get back up to the speed of things.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I never knew we were facing the Bruins after Philly and now I understand why Anderson is starting tomorrow. Lehner has been tremendous against Boston and it seems they want to start him then but first want to give Anderson a game to get back up to the speed of things.

I have a sneaking suspicion that anderson is going to get both games.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
One of Lehner or Anderson starts next game?

tumblr_lw0h1up9hB1r4wbxyo1_400.jpg

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Yup, I wish we could go back to deciding between Pascal and Elliot.

Seriously.

It's crazy how quickly people forget what bad goaltending actually looks like. People acting like Andy is going to come in here and let in some Lalime-esque 5-hole softies... or worse?

"Oh no, the sky will fall because our OLDER elite goalie is getting a start or two in favor of the YOUNGER elite goalie! Oh my! However will we handle such obvious tanking?!?"

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Seriously.

It's crazy how quickly people forget what bad goaltending actually looks like. People acting like Andy is going to come in here and let in some Lalime-esque 5-hole softies... or worse?

"Oh no, the sky will fall because our OTHER elite goalie is getting a start or two in favor of the YOUNGER elite goalie! Oh my! However will we handle such obvious tanking?!?"

Anderson is far from elite hate to say it. He is a great goalie, but he is not elite.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Andy has been fine. If we're wearing rose-coloured glasses, than so was almost everyone everywhere just last season. Or maybe it wasn't rose-coloured glasses, and instead Andy is damn good.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Andy has been fine. If we're wearing rose-coloured glasses, than so was almost everyone everywhere just last season. Or maybe it wasn't rose-coloured glasses, and instead Andy is damn good.

Last season was an aberration for anderson. In fact, he only played 24 games. There is no saying if he could have kept it up for the whole season. Are you really expecting colorados goalies to keep up the same pace all season long?

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Last season was an aberration for anderson. In fact, he only played 24 games. There is no saying if he could have kept it up for the whole season. Are you really expecting colorados goalies to keep up the same pace all season long?
Well then lets go to the year before when he solidified our goaltending which allowed us to make the playoffs and he went head to head vs Lundqvist all the way to the 7th game. Are you not aware what average and below average goaltending looks like? Every game he's played he's given us a chance to win, a feeling that hasn't been here in forever.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
It's amazing how Anderson gets hurt, Lehner has 3 great games and all of a sudden Anderson is nothing but a back up. Did people forget how he played vs NYR and Montreal in the playoffs? We don't get by Montreal without Anderson. Put in Elliott or Leclaire and the Habs laugh their way to round 2. Of course you could say there is no playoffs last season or the season before that with that dynamic duo.

I don't agree with starting Anderson tomorrow but it could just be a simple case of resting Lehner for Boston since he does better than Andy does vs them. Lehner has to be ready for a barrage by Boston.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Andy is our starting goaltender, of course he's gonna play when he's feeling better, nothing to see here really. This isn't your fantasy team where you can swap players in and out with no human consequences. If we sit our starter we risk offending him and disrespecting his past achievements. And while that may mean nothing to the couch GM, for real people, that kind of treatment rarely happens, for a reason.

I find it sad how quickly people are willing to sell out players on this team. I wonder what it is that makes "fans" behave this way, it makes this board hard to visit sometimes, is it getting worse?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, hockey teams are made up of people from top to bottom, people who interact with each other, people who are real; kinda like your friends and family. There is a lot of loyalty in this game, and people generally treat each other with respect. So much of what is posted here is only possible in a video game setting where the player and prospect trades are merely bits and bites. half of what is posted and suggested here is just brutal in a human setting, and most posters would never dream of saying or doing any of it if they had to sit across the table from a real person. Could you imagine a poster like MAK uttering any of his crazy posts to Spezza's face, or presenting a trade to another GM, the player, or a fanbase? Many seem to take sports as a place where they can hold unrealistic expectations on other people, be brutally cutting, and entirely judgmental, all while thinking it's a reasonable position.

I suppose I'll take this moment to thank the level headed posters for continuing to make this board a somewhat reasonable place to visit. I don't block people because I don't like to shut up out opinions that I dislike or disagree with, but man do many here treat real life like a video game, or your own personal negative outlet in life, and it's obvious.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, hockey teams are made up of people from top to bottom, people who interact with each other, people who are real; kinda like your friends and family. There is a lot of loyalty in this game, and people generally treat each other with respect. So much of what is posted here is only possible in a video game setting where the player and prospect trades are merely bits and bites. half of what is posted and suggested here is just brutal in a human setting, and most posters would never dream of saying or doing any of it if they had to sit across the table from a real person.
I think of this whenever people want to trade Spezza and wanting Andy to move aside and let Lehner takeover. It's as if people don't acknowledge their accomplishments and impact here.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think of this whenever people want to trade Spezza and wanting Andy to move aside and let Lehner takeover. It's as if people don't acknowledge their accomplishments and impact here.

This. Its almost sacrilege, to be talking about trading Andy given the level of goaltending he's provided for this team. From the day he arrived the team changed the way it played. They all of a sudden had a confidence in their game that they hadn't had in years, maybe ever, and the team finally slayed the dragon that was "the goalie graveyard". Such a lack of loyalty amongst the fans, it really is odd.

He has had the single biggest impact on this team of any person since his arrival not named Eric Karlsson, or Paul McLean, and yet now people are crying to trade him? WTF?!?

It's not, and never has been Andy or Robin.

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
This. Its almost sacrilege, to be talking about trading Andy given the level of goaltending he's provided for this team. From the day he arrived the team changed the way it played. They all of a sudden had a confidence in their game that they hadn't had in years, maybe ever, and the team finally slayed the dragon that was "the goalie graveyard". Such a lack of loyalty amongst the fans, it really is odd.

He has had the single biggest impact on this team of any person since his arrival not named Eric Karlsson, or Paul McLean, and yet now people are crying to trade him? WTF?!?

It's not, and never has been Andy or Robin.

I'm just clueing in that at one point we had Andy, Robin, and Barry in the organization. All we needed was Maurice. :(

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
On a 3 game win streak and playing well. What does mac do? Start anderson who is coming off injury. :help:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
After this game Anderson has given up the first two goals in the game to the opposition in seven games out of the eleven games he has started.

In the four games he did not give up the first two goals, in two of them (Toronto, Chicago) he gave up the first goal to the opposition. The two games in which he did not let the opposing team get on the board first, was the first game of the year against Buffalo (the worst team in the league by far) and against Detroit (in a 6-1 stomping where they didn't show up to play).

These statistics suggest there is a 64% chance that Anderson will let the other team go 2-0 against us before we score, and an 82% chance that he lets the other team score the first goal, before we can put the puck in the net.

Therefore, it makes logical sense that Anderson start the next game over Robin Lehner, who was the 1st star in the NHL this past week, a week in which we had a 3-0 record #MacLogic

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think it was a mistake to bench lehner imo. Yes, we probably would not have won even with lehner in net, but he probably could have made the score at least more respectable.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Lehner deserves the number one position after tonight. It takes an entire team to win or lose but essentially this team plays better under Lehner. Why not go with the guy who has been considerably better??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->