Value of: Robin Lehner as a free agent

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Yeah I worry about him after neither NYI or Chicago signed him. Buffalo also wanted to get rid of him after he played well. Tells me there’s something more here. Must be a tough teammate to play with

In Buffalo he was dealing with his BiPolar disorder. He had yet been diagnosed nor had he sought treatment. It wasn’t until he landed in NYI that he sorted that out. It’s too bad that the NYI didn’t want to have him stay long term but I think they already had designs on the young kid coming there and being the starter.

It would be an extremely bold move but I would like the TML look at a possibility of him. I love Andersen but he will be 32 when his contract expires and he is likely looking for a massive pay day. Not that we can really afford a 6-6.5 million dollar deal but he might be. A great stop gap until one of Woll or Scott is ready (fingers crossed).

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Lehner is someone I desperately want to see wearing the winged wheel but I doubt he wants to come to a team with a historically bad season unless money is more enticing for him

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
In Buffalo he was dealing with his BiPolar disorder. He had yet been diagnosed nor had he sought treatment. It wasn’t until he landed in NYI that he sorted that out. It’s too bad that the NYI didn’t want to have him stay long term but I think they already had designs on the young kid coming there and being the starter.

It would be an extremely bold move but I would like the TML look at a possibility of him. I love Andersen but he will be 32 when his contract expires and he is likely looking for a massive pay day. Not that we can really afford a 6-6.5 million dollar deal but he might be. A great stop gap until one of Woll or Scott is ready (fingers crossed).
Given his history with mental illness putting himself under the microscope in Toronto would be a terrible decision

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He got into it responding pretty upset by how some media people in Chicago talked up his bipolar concerns in some articles. I don't think the questioning and judging of him by a big media market is gonna be a bad choice for him. He handles it well and snapped back when they're reaching for bs.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He got into it responding pretty upset by how some media people in Chicago talked up his bipolar concerns in some articles. I don't think the questioning and judging of him by a big media market is gonna be a bad choice for him. He handles it well and snapped back when they're reaching for bs.

That's good, but could also be a sign that he is sensitive to it, and he might want to work in less traditional hockey market in that case, meaning probably not in Canada, or for a team like Detroit, Philly, etc.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
IMO Carolina would probably be the best place for him (for several reasons).

I think he'd take a 5 year 6-7m deal to play there.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Love Lehner. I hope he gets 5x4 somewhere. No idea why Lou took Varly over this guy.

Definitely to bring Sorokin over. Isn’t Greiss a hell of a player too? Behind trotz defensive strategy you don’t need a 7m goaltender, especially when you’re getting together your prospects and want wiggle room to sign FA’s to contend

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad