Rumor: Robin Lehner and VGK have a 5 year $25m contract with place. UPDATE: Lehner stated nothing finalized

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ok . Hope they have plan for Fleury because i sincerely doubt Vegas can also afford a $7,000,000 backup for 2 more season who turns 36 in November.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
1. 1 fewer starting goalie available, which benefits any team trying to trade a starter
2. Fleury's probably going to be bought out and I think it's fairly likely that he re-signs in Pittsburgh (no matter how many Penguins fans on here say they don't want it). It's going to be kinda funny to see JR almost undoing the 2017 decision.

Bought out Fleury will not be small and will be on the books for 4 years isn't it ? I don't know if thats a good idea. Seems like the last resort to do.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Bought out Fleury is 3.5 Million caphit for 4 years isn't it ? I don't know if thats a good idea. Seems like the last resort to do.

This is going off of memory, but I think it's basically $2.5 million, $3.5 million and 2 years of $2 million. So not quite that bad, but it is still bad.

The problem is what team is going to trade for Fleury?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This is going off of memory, but I think it's basically $2.5 million, $3.5 million and 2 years of $2 million. So not quite that bad, but it is still bad.

Yeah thats the issue . That just wasn't a smart extension by Vegas . He was instrumental in getting Vegas to the finals in their first year of existence but that was such a steep price to pay for an aging goalie.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

The Devils are the perfect team for Fleury since we need a mentor for Blackwood. We can also gain a significant asset by taking back Fleury, relieving cap space for Vegas.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If the 5 @5m is correct.....
1) It is a mistake if Colorado stays put. Say 5.25m a year for Markstrom I would look into.
2) No matter how well Price played this playoff, his value is even worse than last year. It will take 4m a year retention to get a correct value trade.
3) Pens aren't getting a middle 1st if you can sign Holtby or Markstrom in the 5-5.5m range.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

I'll continue to beat the Carolina drum. The Canes are in the market for a change, have multiple multi-year contracts they're looking to dump (Gardiner/Niederreiter) and it should be an attractive place for him (starter job on a competitive team + former teammate as captain). A Gardiner buyout is basically a Fleury buyout, but spread out over 6 years instead of 4.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The Devils are the perfect team for Fleury since we need a mentor for Blackwood. We can also gain a significant asset by taking back Fleury, relieving cap space for Vegas.

Corey Schneider and MAF have a combined caphit of 13$ Million for the next two seasons . Eeeesh .

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
The NHLrumorsdaily account used to be one I doubted since it’s not verified, but he broke this 24 hours ago and he has broken a few things this offseason too. Good follow on Twitter for anyone interested.

Lehner fits so well in Vegas, have to think Flower is gonna look elsewhere.

Reactions: hn777

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Fleury has a NTC and I don't see why he'd allow a trade to New Jersey.

I'll continue to beat the Carolina drum. The Canes are in the market for a change, have multiple multi-year contracts they're looking to dump (Gardiner/Niederreiter) and it should be an attractive place for him (starter job on a competitive team + former teammate as captain). A Gardiner buyout is basically a Fleury buyout, but spread out over 6 years instead of 4.

I think Carolina and Colorado are the only 2 trade destinations that make sense for Fleury. Those are the only two teams with enough cap space to be able to stomach Fleury's deal and are teams I think Fleury may be willing to go to.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
If the 5 @5m is correct.....
1) It is a mistake if Colorado stays put. Say 5.25m a year for Markstrom I would look into.
2) No matter how well Price played this playoff, his value is even worse than last year. It will take 4m a year retention to get a correct value trade.
3) Pens aren't getting a middle 1st if you can sign Holtby or Markstrom in the 5-5.5m range.

Price is not going to be traded. Even less of a chance the Habs are going to eat up a total of $24M cap over six years to NOT have him. It's just all around an asinine thought considering we're talking about the face of the franchise of the Montreal freaking Canadiens.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Fleury has a NTC and I don't see why he'd allow a trade to New Jersey.

I think Carolina and Colorado are the only 2 trade destinations that make sense for Fleury. Those are the only two teams with enough cap space to be able to stomach Fleury's deal and are teams I think Fleury may be willing to go to.
How do you figure that Carolina and Colorado make the most sense for MAF? Carolina only has $7.7m in cap space for 7 more players and according to Sakic he's happy with his Goaltending he doesn't need a soon to be 36 year old Goalie making $7 million per for the next 2 years especially needing to resign both Landeskog and Makar next summer.

Reactions: axlrose87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad