Player Discussion Robin Lehner – Part 1

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
The teams problem is if Lehner let's in a poor goal, the team deflates because they know that getting it back is difficult because we can't score. On the flip side, I feel Lehner has it in his head that he needs to be perfect because this team can't score, which makes him over think everything. It's a terrible equation that results in what we see.

I don't get the Grubauer love. We have the same thing in Ullmark, save the assets.

Reactions: valet

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Grubauer could just be Lehner all over again. Its one thing to perform well backing up one of the best goalies in the league behind a deep D core and great team, but take a look at Grubauers (and Holtbys) numbers this year behind a D that took a hit losing solid pieces, both guys are down. Grubauer behind this team isnt an automatic upgrade. I'll worry more about goaltending when this D gets fixed.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I read this as "the guy between the pipes has been the problem all along."

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-hear-cheers-rare-home-win/

Following a stunning run of offensive futility in which the Sabres scored one goal over a four-game stretch (including three shutouts), they’ve finally started producing a bit.

They’ve scored 11 times in their four-game streak, enough offense to eke out points with goalie Robin Lehner enjoying his best stretch this season.

What else has changed in the last week?

“We’re sticking to our game plan a little bit more,” Okposo said. “We’re starting to make a few plays, starting to execute a little bit. I thought we did a really good job with our middle guy on the ice. We hit him a couple times, especially in that second period, and we were able to get some speed and … generate some chances that way.”

It hasn't been all about Lehner by any stretch.

Reactions: Chainshot

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012

Ofc not but that's how I read it. lol

Nearly shutout 4 games in a row, Housley is a turd, D is a turd, wingers are turds...Sabres are just one big shit sandwich. Lehner is a part of that too though. I might like him as a backup but hes just not good enough as a starter, lets not forget all the softies he let in one goal games this year.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Lehner has been pretty decent. Not sure why people are so down on him.
I agree and I was branded as Lehner hater before. Right now he is playing his best hockey ever and I couldn't be happier for him. Not sure if it's sustainable but I hope so. Only shame is the team is not helping him get some Ws which must be discouraging.

Reactions: DDRhockey

RhinosLastFan

Nov 7, 2017
Lehner has been pretty decent. Not sure why people are so down on him.

He had a rough start to the year though, so he better keep it up. He, along with all Sabres, will take more flack based on our overall record is all. I honestly don't think he's our goalie of the future, hope he's traded for that reason tbh, but his play has been good as of late. There's certainly no reason to believe we are where we are because of goaltending. The Dominator would still have us outside looking in.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
NHL Public Relations‏ @PR_NHL -
Brock Boeser (Canucks) Jack Eichel (Sabres) Robin Lehner (Sabres) Named Three Stars Of The Week.
Article - Boeser Leads 3 Stars Of The Week - Monday, January 22-Sunday, January 29 - NHL Website

FIRST STAR: Brock Boeser earned MVP honors at Sunday’s 2018 Honda NHL All-Star Game, won Saturday’s Honda NHL Accuracy Shooting competition and also scored two goals in two contests earlier in the week with the Canucks.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
27973764_10155350720881238_2319332173657191822_n.jpg

Lehner is breaking in some new pads again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->