Robertson brothers: Jason vs Nick

Better NHL player?

• Total voters

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
With the PP, totally down in the tank, I think Nick should come up and play point.
Make opposing PKers, be concerned about his shot, not just AMs

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Eh, we all know that 16 games is a good measure of a 1000 games career, right?

"Eh, I can't back up my glib remark when presented with a solid counterargument, so I'll just double down, haha."

Pretty much what you've said here.

Also, "Nick hands down"?

Are the rest of your 70,000+ posts as funny as that one? :laugh:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
"Eh, I can't back up my glib remark when presented with a solid counterargument, so I'll just double down, haha."

Pretty much what you've said here.

Also, "Nick hands down"?

Are the rest of your 70,000+ posts as funny as that one? :laugh:
Jeez, how offended are you that i prefer a very good prospect to your very good young player ?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Jeez, how offended are you that i prefer a very good prospect to your very good young player ?

Not offended at all, actually.

Like I said, just thought your initial assessment was funny, that's all.

Misinformed, but funny! :handclap:

For the record, I "prefer" Jason for the purposes of this poll as he's certainly come out of the gates quite nicely for Dallas thus far.

Do I think he's "hands down" the better of the two? Too early to say, so I won't.

See how that works? :laugh:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Not offended at all, actually.

Like I said, just thought your initial assessment was funny, that's all.

Misinformed, but funny! :handclap:

For the record, I "prefer" Jason for the purposes of this poll as he's certainly come out of the gates quite nicely for Dallas thus far.

Do I think he's "hands down" the better of the two? Too early to say, so I won't.

See how that works? :laugh:
What Robertson has shown so far has very little impact on what I think both players will be in their prime, especially if Robertson remains a Leaf.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The only way you would vote Nick right now is if you are a Leafs fan.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
What about when the thread was started, In June of 2020?

What about in 5 years when they've both been in the NHL for more than a cup of coffee?
If you notice; the only ones who even try to argue Nick is better at this point, ARE Leafs fans. Even then, they bring up hypotheticals and ignore the fact Jason might win the Calder.

Like this poster i’m currently quoting.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's going to be interesting because they're very different type of players . Jason is a big , strong and skilled but not the greatest of skaters. He can , like he did yesterday , shove opposing teams players defending him out of the way if neccessary . Nick on the other hand is a small speedy skilled forward. Who will end up better ? I don't know but right now clearly Jason is better since he's already adjusted well to play a type of game that works in the NHL for him. With Nick that likely still takes a year or two before he's at that point . Not to mention it might be more difficult to crack the Leafs top 6 as a rookie than it was on a very injured Stars team this year. There just weren't that many other options for the coaching staff available to play for the Stars. Jason did manage to take full advantage of the opportunities in a very impressive way.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's going to be interesting because they're very different type of players . Jason is a big , strong and skilled but not the greatest of skaters. He can , like he did yesterday , shove opposing teams players defending him out of the way if neccessary . Nick on the other hand is a small speedy skilled forward. Who will end up better ? I don't know but right now clearly Jason is better since he's already adjusted well to play a type of game that works in the NHL for him. With Nick that likely still takes a year or two before he's at that point . Not to mention it might be more difficult to crack the Leafs top 6 as a rookie than it was on a very injured Stars team this year. There just weren't that many other options for the coaching staff available to play for the Stars. Jason did manage to take full advantage of the opportunities in a very impressive way.

Nick isn't that speedy. They are similar actually, aside from the size difference. Tremendously skilled forwards who are better skaters than they get credit for being.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Jason and the gap gets wider everytime the sun comes out.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Even as a leafs fan, it’s gonna be hard for nick to have the impact Jason did on his team. I look forward to nick becoming an nhl regular and hope for a 55-65 point player from him, good top 6 player, who has a nice motor and can pk. But with what Jason did this year, I’m gonna have to say Jason, and I’ll be honest, I said nick would be better in the future, and he could be, but as of now Jason is the pick

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I'm not sure how much you take this into account, but Nick recently scored the most goals this past season in the OHL.

He was also a OHL First Team All Star and the CHL Sportsman of the Year.

Give me Nick.

Both are excellent players, but what Nick did this year was truly unbelievable.

Nick Robertson Season Achievements
- One of only 3 players to go over a goal per game in the OHL since 2005 (Kane and Tavares being the other 2). He scored 55 goals, in 46 games which is a pace of 81 goals in 68 games. Also, the highest gpg in a season since Eric Lindros in 91.
- He led the league in goals by 3, while playing 16 less games then second place.
- CHL Sportsman of the year
- voted 1st for most dangerous in a goal area, 1st for best shot, 2nd for best stickhandler, 2nd for hardest worker, 2nd best shootout shooter 3rd for hardest shot in the OHL Coaches Poll
-Had 86 points in 46 games, the 5th highest ppg in the ohl.
-Was a ppg at the world juniors, and had a solid tourney.
-Was chosen on the leafs playoffs roster.
-Earned an ELC at training camp.

All at the age of 18. Him being 5 days away from the 2020 draft while being born 3 months prematurely makes him easier to compare to the 2020 draft players. In which he likely goes top 10.
So, where are we at now?

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Jason had a pretty good start at the Worlds. Hopefully Nick can follow his path. Interesting brother combination for sure.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I'm a Leafs fan who voted for Nick. But that vote came when the thread was new, over a year ago.

It's now clearly Jason. And the only reason to bump this thread is to rub it in someone's face. It's a very petty thread, at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad