Roberto Luongo

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
This doesn't also apply to Lundqvist? Henrik could not have allowed 12 goals in 2 games against the lightning last year. He was also outplayed by Quick the year before and Brodeur the year before that. I'm not so sure why he is such a "lock" while people are unsure about Luongo.

I just don't see how their careers are not comparable. Luongo never had a franchise develop around him while Lundqvist has. Luongo's peak is higher than Lundqvist.

I really don't want to hear about Vezina finishes because we all know that is bogus with Sather stacking the deck.

Consistency at the goaltender position is generally valued above a boom-or-bust scenario.

Lundqvist has consistently been the MVP of a good but not otherwise great Rangers team. They won a lot more playoff series because of him than they lost because of him. The same can not be said for the mercurial Luongo.

As far as Sather "stacking the deck", last I heard each GM only gets one vote. Let's not pretend Keenan and Gillis weren't voting for Luongo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad