Injury Report: Roberto Luongo 10/6/18 (leg injury), re-injured 11/24/18, day-to-day

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Brokin I have your next hf pic ready

Goddamn_computer_virus.jpg

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
the only silver lining is that no one thought the early huge breaks in the schedule would be helpful but it turns out they kind of are. limits the # of games luongo has to miss.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Just my professional opinion but I think a goalie injury requires much more flexibility rehab before they can participate and not worry about re-injury or injuring another part of the lower body due to the inability to stretch while the MCL heals. The trainers should error on the side of caution with Lu. :)

Yeah, totally agree. That’s why Luongo would never play through it like those guys are. But a relatively minor injury.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Yeah, totally agree. That’s why Luongo would never play through it like those guys are. But a relatively minor injury.
Football has the benefit of wearing a metal or hard composite brace that still allows the player to perform the necessary movement to be effective.

Last edited:

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Is he back before the doubleheader vs. Winnipeg in Finland?

Seems we're on Day 11 of his maximum 28-day recovery.

Soooooo f***ed if he needs all 4 weeks.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Should he wait until Nov 8th to return. Thats an extra 2 weeks. Just worry he will rush it and do more damage. Your thoughts?

That is also for the Marketing factor. A none playing Loungo in Finnland brings more promotion then Florida without Loungo. I think for alone this point they let him go on the Trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePatientPanther

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I'm pretty sure the people care more about the Captain

Thats for sure and also for Laine and Lamminkko, but to see a Goalie that famous be better care him with you. And those Games are no friendly Preseason games, those are actual NHL Games.
But its also good for the Franchise to go with all Players, people there well know.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Booger doesn’t want him back until he’s 110%?

If that’s taken relative to Reimer or Hutch, he’s right now at 238%.

I want him also back only if he is complete healthy and able to comppete. He only played 2 Periode in this whole Season, it needs a bit more to be 100% ready to play, if you haven´t played.
But interisting is here, we was able to see how good we are when we have no Goalie and who is a good defender and not.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Booger doesn’t want him back until he’s 110%?

If that’s taken relative to Reimer or Hutch, he’s right now at 238%.

no slight to anybody else...;)

I'm torn because if we lose these next two games, the season is basically done. But I don't see the point of rushing him back. I'm thinking they hope for the best, maybe a split at worse, and he comes back for the edmonton game...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad