Prospect Info: Robert Thomas (20th overall in 2017)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Piece in the Athletic is great. It’s cool how close the families were before Robert was even drafted. Matthew stayed with the Thomas family in junior while he was training with Gary Roberts. Then Thomas is drafted by the Blues and Matthew pretty much said immediately that Robert has to stay at his house. Makes me feel like Tkachuk may have had a big influence on the Blues drafting Thomas.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Piece in the Athletic is great. It’s cool how close the families were before Robert was even drafted. Matthew stayed with the Thomas family in junior while he was training with Gary Roberts. Then Thomas is drafted by the Blues and Matthew pretty much said immediately that Robert has to stay at his house. Makes me feel like Tkachuk may have had a big influence on the Blues drafting Thomas.
Hopefully Thomas has something to do with Matt giving Calgary the finger to come to Stl.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Love the Tkachuk family and what they’ve done for STL. Will go down as one of the greatest hockey families ever. You can’t teach that type of success, and Walt is a good hockey mind for Thomas to learn from, among others.

I’d take the Tkachuk boys on my team any day.

It’s pretty cool how Matthew admitted that when the Flames are out he still actively roots for the Blues.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Pierre Maguire was on Bernie’s radio show this morning - he said Thomas will be a 70-85 point player and “maybe more.” Pierre pumps so many young players’ tires it’s ridiculous, but still nice to hear.

Reactions: Blueston and shmotz

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Love the Tkachuk family and what they’ve done for STL. Will go down as one of the greatest hockey families ever. You can’t teach that type of success, and Walt is a good hockey mind for Thomas to learn from, among others.

I’d take the Tkachuk boys on my team any day.

It’s pretty cool how Matthew admitted that when the Flames are out he still actively roots for the Blues.
Man, i would hope Flames fans wouldn't be bitter if they saw Matthew celebrating a Blues Cup win. It's cool that these guys are still fans. If the Oilers won a Cup and I saw Parayko wearing an Oiler's hat and cheering at their parade, I'd think that would be cool as hell, and not a slight at all to the city of St. Louis or the Blues organization. I'd still want that guy on my team and know that he's giving it his all because he's a proud professional. I don't know how many Calgary "fans" would begrudge the guy...but with Canada being passionate, I'd hope the number would be surprisingly high...so they'd run him out of town and off to STL sooner . :D

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Man, i would hope Flames fans wouldn't be bitter if they saw Matthew celebrating a Blues Cup win. It's cool that these guys are still fans. If the Oilers won a Cup and I saw Parayko wearing an Oiler's hat and cheering at their parade, I'd think that would be cool as hell, and not a slight at all to the city of St. Louis or the Blues organization. I'd still want that guy on my team and know that he's giving it his all because he's a proud professional. I don't know how many Calgary "fans" would begrudge the guy...but with Canada being passionate, I'd hope the number would be surprisingly high...so they'd run him out of town and off to STL sooner . :D

giphy.gif

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015

Then after leaving the parade. Him and Brady get in an Uber with a camera and Brady talks about how Melynk is killing the Sens. Thus pissing Gene off so he forces Dorian to trade Brady away. To save face Army offers them Sanford, a ‘21 1st round, and toasted raviolis.

Rarename91

Jan 18, 2019
bring brady and matt home dont pull a trout and f*** over your hometown to get more money.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
He's off to a slow start offensively. Puck management/decision making hasn't been very good. Timing seems a bit off (yes, i know he's 20 and coming off injury). I'm a big fan of his but every time I critique him I get beaten with a stick so that's all I'll say...

JR1

Dec 22, 2016
I thought RT looked a little less tentative Wednesday night and appeared a bit more confident. He was not shying away from contact in the offensive zone. I suppose he heard chief’s comments about needing more from him. I thought he was much better Wednesday night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad