Robert Nilsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
DIFHOCKEY said:
For those of you who still believe in Robert.....

(SEK 100 is about $15)

I don't know if it's a case of believing in Nilsson,as much as waiting to see what he'll do when given a lot of top 6 icetime.

SEL fans have come to the nyi board several times this yr to post where Nilsson's playing,how he's playing,etc.He was used mostly on the 3rd/4th lines for the the first couple months,then was promoted to the 1st line for a couple of games.In the 2nd game he reportedly had a terrible giveaway that led to either a goal or great scoring chance.He was immediately buried back on the 4th line where as near as I can figure,he stayed until asking to go to tier 2 for needed icetime.

Now if Nilsson makes that same lazy giveaway while playing for the isles ahl team,does anybody think he's buried on the 4th line for a month or is he on the 4th line for a game or two,then back up getting top 6 icetime with the team's better players?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Where'd BiLLY go? He disappeared after being asked to upload the pictures.

Too bad it sounds like a hoax, it would be hilarious to see Nilsson actually sleeping on the bench!

BiLLY

Mar 3, 2002
Jacobv2,

Maybe some people aside from yourself have lives that do not evolve entirely around an internet based message board. I do however understand this message board is likely the only place where you are accepted socially and will forgive you for your sorry excuse of a life.

For everyone else I have attached the pic.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
You don't know me, whatever, whatever, whatever.

HILARIOUS picture.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Originally Posted by Askel
Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team--------------Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
1981-82 Nordiques NHL 80 46 93 139 91 12 7 11 18 10

Fixed!

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
BiLLY said:
Jacobv2,

For everyone else I have attached the pic.

is he sleeping,pretending to sleep or showing his displeasure slumped against the wall?As I said it's difficult to believe that no coaches,players,press or tv announcers noticed a player sleeping on the bench,during a game.

Bendelin isn't exactly pc.He's the same coach who gave a radio interview ranting about SEL teams that hired locked nhlers,playing them instead of developing prospects.He also refused to name Nilsson to the WJC team until after Nilsson had shown enough defensive improvement in the Sept and Nov. 4 -nation U-20 tournaments, to suit Bendelin.

If Nilsson's sleeping on Bendelin's bench during a game,he'd have ripped him a new one.Either in person or in the press.

BiLLY

Mar 3, 2002
CREW,

Nilsson wasnt ont he bench when he was sleeping he was in the hallway between the bench and the dressing room. I am willing to bet Bandelin didnt even notice him as well as half of the other players.

Brain Hemorrhage

Jan 16, 2003
Boston, MA
Nilsson has played pretty well recently... TBQH, offensively Nilsson is the kind of player capable of five point games, but defensively he is capable of being -3 on the same night.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
Ah the teenage years... how quickly they come and go. What I sincerely look forward to, is seeing whether this pre-madonna attidude keeps rearing its ugly head once he finally cross the Atlantic. Alls I can say is Millbury get his ass a ticket over here and soon, and who can really say that they too havent had a quick cat nap if your working the gates

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Z-Diddy said:
Ah the teenage years... how quickly they come and go. What I sincerely look forward to, is seeing whether this pre-madonna attidude keeps rearing its ugly head once he finally cross the Atlantic. Alls I can say is Millbury get his ass a ticket over here and soon, and who can really say that they too havent had a quick cat nap if your working the gates

one of the posters(Mr. Prospects),went to the recent wjc and spoke to both Nokelainan and Nilsson.Nilsson says he's ready to come over to NA.Nokelainan's unsure.

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
CREW99AW said:
one of the posters(Mr. Prospects),went to the recent wjc and spoke to both Nokelainan and Nilsson.Nilsson says he's ready to come over to NA.Nokelainan's unsure.

One can see in the way that Nilsson plays the game that his talent will translate well to the next level, it's just a matter of him wanting it, and IMHO he's not trying in Sweden now in anticipation of coming over to NA. I have a feeling that he is going to light it up and be an 'impact' player when he crosses over and in doing so, make the Parise lovers eat crow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad