Robert Nilsson Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy*

Le Golie said:
http://www.newyorkislanders.com/pressbox/archive.asp?id=415

Three year deal, rookie max - must be two way, but with Mad Mike you never know. Sounds like Nilsson and the Islanders staff fully expect him to play for the big club this year. He should get some powerplay time too.

I cant believe that guy would get the rookie max. Where did you get that from?
I also cant believe Mad Mike thinks he may be ready for prime time (though thats based on my extremly limited time seeing him play & his point totals in the SEL).

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Sammy said:
I cant believe that guy would get the rookie max. Where did you get that from?
I also cant believe Mad Mike thinks he may be ready for prime time (though thats based on my extremly limited time seeing him play & his point totals in the SEL).

I feel the same way as you. I saw him live a couple times at the WJC's and he was nowhere near NHL ready. It sounds stupid to say this because I appreciate good character, but I hope he was only brutal because he was dissapointed with the lack of talent on his team. He was very uninspired and very unimpressive no matter how much the Isles staff want to spin it. If that was the reason, it's a bad attitude but at least the talent might be there.

The kid is talented, he makes great plays sometimes - but he regressed statistically in every single WJC since he was 17.

The rookie max was reported in a Swedish newspaper.

X-SHARKIE

Le Golie said:
I feel the same way as you. I saw him live a couple times at the WJC's and he was nowhere near NHL ready. It sounds stupid to say this because I appreciate good character, but I hope he was only brutal because he was dissapointed with the lack of talent on his team. He was very uninspired and very unimpressive no matter how much the Isles staff want to spin it. If that was the reason, it's a bad attitude but at least the talent might be there.

The kid is talented, he makes great plays sometimes - but he regressed statistically in every single WJC since he was 17.

Stats don't usually tell the story, but in this case, yes... Nilsson has only gotten worse since being drafted, and guys like Loui Ericksson & Carl Soderberg were much more impressive.

Sammy*

Le Golie said:

The joke is, Mad Mike said he played very well in this last WJC. From my limited viewing of him (I think it was 2 games) he was brutal imo, particularly for a guy that was hyped a bit.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Isles complained since last yr's draft,about their lack of control over their euro prospects development and icetime.

They're unhappy with Nilsson's development,so they are getting him over to NA where they can can take a hands on approach.Wang also owns their ahl affilate.

below is a comment from an ISS scout,for a Dec. 2004 article.Good job by the nyi,finally stepping in to get this kid's development back on track.

http://www.internationalscouting.com/wjhc2005.html

A gifted puckhandler, Nilsson can be brilliant. And, like his old man, he can also be occasionally frustrating to watch if he's not inspired.

espo*

CREW99AW said:
Isles complained since last yr's draft,about their lack of control over their euro prospects development and icetime.

They're unhappy with Nilsson's development,so they are getting him over to NA where they can can take a hands on approach.Wang also owns their ahl affilate.

below is a comment from an ISS scout,for a Dec. 2004 article.Good job by the nyi,finally stepping in to get this kid's development back on track.

http://www.internationalscouting.com/wjhc2005.html

A gifted puckhandler, Nilsson can be brilliant. And, like his old man, he can also be occasionally frustrating to watch if he's not inspired.
His old man had talent to burn,a lot of which i felt he kinda wasted many times.

AgentNaslund*

I thought he was pretty good in a game against team canada last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->