Confirmed with Link: Robert Mayer signed in Switzerland for 2013-14/2014-15

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Yes, if we do retain his rights, he won't count on the 50 limit.

We have nothing to lose by keeping his rights while he is there.

that's pretty awesome we still have his rights. I wonder if MB is planning on keeping Budaj or if he feels Tokarski will be ready by next year. I'd rather the safe route with Budaj.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Should have expected that coming, with the acquisition of Tokarski and all. With that trade going down, he's 4th in depth - maybe even 5th if Delmas comes into Hamilton and does his job well (riding the pine most nights, I know). I think if the Habs bring back Budaj or sign another back-up and run with Tokarski-Delmas down in Hamilton, the Habs are nicely surrounded.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Should have expected that coming, with the acquisition of Tokarski and all. With that trade going down, he's 4th in depth - maybe even 5th if Delmas comes into Hamilton and does his job well (riding the pine most nights, I know). I think if the Habs bring back Budaj or sign another back-up and run with Tokarski-Delmas down in Hamilton, the Habs are nicely surrounded.

He wouldn't have been behind Delmas.

I know he received a lot of criticism from fans (myself included) but he was at least a good 1B at the AHL level.

Helps us with the 50 contracts limit and we retain his rights?

It has no impact on the 50 contract limit because Mayer had no contract for next season.

yes that should be the case, plus they could add another goalie, perhaps an undrafted FA to go to the ECHL.

Good luck to Mayer in the Swiss league, great news. :handclap::yo:

Maybe Marcoux. :)

Hopefully they won't have to draft him too high.

DogsFan*

I really don't get the Mayer bashing. He has steadily improved every year when he was with the Bulldogs. There have been times where he has been absolutely lights out, stopping over 35 shots on the regular. I think he's only going to get better. Not exactly NHL starter quality but perhaps AHL starter.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Too bad. I liked the progression I've seen from him. Could've possibly made a crack at being a high-end AHL starter/NHL backup type player.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He wouldn't have been behind Delmas.

I know he received a lot of criticism from fans (myself included) but he was at least a good 1B at the AHL level.

It has no impact on the 50 contract limit because Mayer had no contract for next season.

Maybe Marcoux. :)

Hopefully they won't have to draft him too high.

Isn't Étienne Marcoux 20 years old? Or is it another Marcoux you're talking about?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Budaj has done his job as a backup and would be cheap so I think we'll see him back next year, wouldn't mind seeing us try signing a NCAA goalie to battle with Delmas as the backup for the Bulldogs.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
yes that should be the case, plus they could add another goalie, perhaps an undrafted FA to go to the ECHL.

Good luck to Mayer in the Swiss league, great news. :handclap::yo:

Any good NCAA goalie that could be sign this summer? Any players actually that are worth speaking of? Except DeKeyser who will sign in Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad