Value of: Robert Bortuzzo to the Leafs:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What would be needed to get a guy like Bortuzzo? He is a huge minute eater and would sure things up on the back end pretty well.

Would be cheaper than many of the packages that get thrown around out here and he is up at the end of the year, could be realistic especially with the current state of the blues.

thoughts?

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
What would be needed to get a guy like Bortuzzo? He is a huge minute eater and would sure things up on the back end pretty well.

Would be cheaper than many of the packages that get thrown around out here and he is up at the end of the year, could be realistic especially with the current state of the blues.

thoughts?
If Bortuzzo is your target, you either :
1) Have an injury you are trying to fill for this year and can sit him in the press box when the player comes back
2) A rookie has underperformed and needs the rest of the year to cook down in the minors
3) You haven't watched him much

If Bobby is a key piece to your playoff run as a minute muncher, you could be in trouble. Good guy , but there are a ton of players just like him all available. He is a nice guy to have around because you don't expect much and you can rotate him out of the press box and his teammates like him. A 3rd makes me think is it even worth it to do that trade for what we use him for without any drama from him?

Reactions: MB11

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
3rd is probably on the higher end of what I would want to cough up if I am the Leafs. I think he could be a decent target in the off-season.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
If Bortuzzo is your target, you either :
1) Have an injury you are trying to fill for this year and can sit him in the press box when the player comes back
2) A rookie has underperformed and needs the rest of the year to cook down in the minors
3) You haven't watched him much

If Bobby is a key piece to your playoff run as a minute muncher, you could be in trouble. Good guy , but there are a ton of players just like him all available. He is a nice guy to have around because you don't expect much and you can rotate him out of the press box and his teammates like him. A 3rd makes me think is it even worth it to do that trade for what we use him for without any drama from him?
But you have to look at the OP's team. Bobby would probably be their #3.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Minute eater? He's a 3rd pairing, physical defenseman. If you are relying on him for minutes, then you are in trouble.

Hes been logging pretty decent minutes. Realistically that is what this team needs and Bortuzzo seems realistic enough. I would be convinced to do it for a third or fourth.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If Bobby is a key piece to your playoff run as a minute muncher, you could be in trouble

I'm not saying he needs to be a main minute guy. But he would sure up the baseline nicely, he has been playing a good amount over the last stretch, and he he can kill penalties.

I don't think the Leafs are going to spring for top end D man this year and I just think this acquisition could be cheap and beneficial. I like Hainsey but he's aging and looks slower/looses more puck battles each game.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
It just depends.

I think Bortuzzo could likely be had for typical rental prices (i.e. a non-1st pick or two) if the Blues have decided they aren't interested in re-signing him.

If they do intend to re-sign him, then he's probably staying put.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It just depends.

I think Bortuzzo could likely be had for typical rental prices (i.e. a non-1st pick or two) if the Blues have decided they aren't interested in re-signing him.

If they do intend to re-sign him, then he's probably staying put.

With Schmaltz being on a one way deal next year, I'm thinking they weren't planning on bringing him back.

I'd hope for a second depending on the team, but a third probably gets it done

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
WEE DONT HAVE DEFENSIVE DEPTH IN OUR SYSTEM.

Especially on the right side.

If we are hell bent on making a trade I’m sure that Steen is the primary candidate to be traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad