Robby Fabbri

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Let's not do that.

This board was ready to move Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, SCHWARTZ!!!!!! and Dunn because these guys didnt torch the league on Oct 3.

Fabbri has not been perfect but look at what he's returning from. Who cares if a 2 game sample size isnt stellar. He's showing that he's physically back, the rest will follow.
I'm not advocating to trade him because of this 2 game sample. Just thought I'd post those numbers because everyone was declaring him back after having a couple marginally dangerous chances.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
At the beginning of the season, I told myself that I’d consider a season without any major injuries as a successful season for Fabbri - that hasn’t changed, and thus it was a successful season for him, in my mind.

Next season will be the real barometer of what we have in Fabbri - this season was all about proving that he could play without injuring that knee again. Fabbri could be an x-factor. The past couple of games have been very encouraging. His potential value is way more than what he’d be worth in a potential trade, so I see no need to even entertain that idea.

Reactions: mk80 and Dbrownss

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Let's not do that.

This board was ready to move Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, SCHWARTZ!!!!!! and Dunn because these guys didnt torch the league on Oct 3.

Fabbri has not been perfect but look at what he's returning from. Who cares if a 2 game sample size isnt stellar. He's showing that he's physically back, the rest will follow.

I had Pietrangelo traded to Toronto, Schenn traded to the Bruins and Tarasenko traded to either Carolina or Florida. All for huge packages. I was so friggen pissed at this team late December. I had the team getting a top 3 pick in the standings too after these trades.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I had Pietrangelo traded to Toronto, Schenn traded to the Bruins and Tarasenko traded to either Carolina or Florida. All for huge packages. I was so friggen pissed at this team late December. I had the team getting a top 3 pick in the standings too after these trades.
I wouldn't say I had them traded but I was ready to accept it might happen. Blues have had Fabbri's back, and even though some advanced stats say he hasnt been a stud, the team knows what he can bring. He's knocking on the door.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I wasn’t wanting to trade anyone even in December. I was completely on boarding with tanking, but A couple of bad months wasn’t enough to make me want to move on.

And Fabbri not covering big Buff was the reason he scored. He hasn’t played regularly so mistake will happen I. The d coverage.

I like Fabbri, but feel he has a similar game to Kyrou. I don’t think we wind up with both on the team. I wouldn’t trade him for a second, but right offer I would.

Reactions: mk80

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I wasn’t wanting to trade anyone even in December. I was completely on boarding with tanking, but A couple of bad months wasn’t enough to make me want to move on.

And Fabbri not covering big Buff was the reason he scored. He hasn’t played regularly so mistake will happen I. The d coverage.

I like Fabbri, but feel he has a similar game to Kyrou. I don’t think we wind up with both on the team. I wouldn’t trade him for a second, but right offer I would.
I agree offensively about fabbri/kyrou....but fabbri plays a much heavier game in terms of finishing checks and forechecking etc....

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
He gets a pass because he is still shaking off some rust, but I was still livid at the way he just watched Byfuglien skate by him. Mind you, Perron let his assignment just skate by in a previous game, and yet he remains the darling of this board. What do I know? :dunno:

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He gets a pass because he is still shaking off some rust, but I was still livid at the way he just watched Byfuglien skate by him. Mind you, Perron let his assignment just skate by in a previous game, and yet he remains the darling of this board. What do I know? :dunno:
You are aware that all players will make mistakes, right?

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
All I know is how Fabbri was flying around & getting dangerous chances in the last 2 games was exactly why I griped so much during the season about wanting to see him play more. Maybe he was bad, but he's so much more dangerous then Sanford, and how was he ever suppose to get back up to game speed if he's riding the bench or press box every game. If his wheels are back the kid is a gamer & can be a difference maker with secondary scoring even if he misses a defensive assignment here or there. I don't know what undersized Fabs is suppose to do against Big Boy Buff, but it is what it is.

Reactions: STLBLUES44

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Every game except one in the last series was decided by one goal. This is the playoffs, people. Missing a defensive assignment can lose a game. At the right time, it can lose a series. So excuse me if I am overly critical of defensive lapses. Having said that, sure, a player like ROR can lose his man just as easily as Fabbri, but he is not as likely to. Obviously, the coaching staff are confident that Fabbri is up to speed enough that he is not a defensive liability, or he wouldn't be playing. So again, what do I know? He has missed a lot of games, I just hope his decision making is okay.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Every game except one in the last series was decided by one goal. This is the playoffs, people. Missing a defensive assignment can lose a game. At the right time, it can lose a series. So excuse me if I am overly critical of defensive lapses. Having said that, sure, a player like ROR can lose his man just as easily as Fabbri, but he is not as likely to. Obviously, the coaching staff are confident that Fabbri is up to speed enough that he is not a defensive liability, or he wouldn't be playing. So again, what do I know? He has missed a lot of games, I just hope his decision making is okay.

We can all tell when a guy scores a goal, but recognizing a defensive mistake is harder to spot for most fans.

I'm going to trust Berube here. And if Fabbri isn't playing a solid, two-way game, we are allowed to play someone else in the next game

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I mostly agree with this. I think Berube threw Fabbri out there to keep the Jets forechecking honest and he fit on our skilled 4th line.

I think the Blues are gonna need all the scoring they can get in the lineup against Bishop, so I am sure we will see him in this series.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Do you think someone like Sanford will do more to help us win?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Man, I'd hate to see a team you coach....everyone would be scratched

Reactions: OSA and bluesfan94

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
He's getting better. He looked good in the 1st period of game #3. Although, I didn't see him much in the 3rd period.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Hey guys,

Just wondering how Fabbri looks? Disappointed to see his statline and TOI so far this year after being able to produce so little last year on the back of his recovery.

Is Fabbri ever going to get back to improving on his impressive rookie season, or do you think that he'll never be back to being an effective top-6 wingers.

Appreciate the feedback

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Hey guys,

Just wondering how Fabbri looks? Disappointed to see his statline and TOI so far this year after being able to produce so little last year on the back of his recovery.

Is Fabbri ever going to get back to improving on his impressive rookie season, or do you think that he'll never be back to being an effective top-6 wingers.

Appreciate the feedback
He hasn’t been noticeably bad (read defensive liability) so that’s an improvement on last season. Reportedly he came to camp in good shape and had a decent camp. He’s battling Blais, Sanford and probably Kyrou for his roster spot (2 spots between them). Sanford has been the lowest and most likely to find himself traded/waived.

Fabbri right now is a lot of energy on the ice and not much cohesive play. There’s effort and not quite making a play. His shot hasn’t been finding the holes. I think he bought himself some grace time in camp, but when Kyrou is healthy Fabbri may get scratched. Blais is cementing his roster spot right now, and is clearly ahead of the other guys I mentioned.

I’m rooting for Fabbri, but I think he’s likely to end up as a spare forward in a few months when Kyrou is called up, unless an injury makes room for him. And he can’t very well regain his form if he’s not playing. So, the end of this story is probably Fabbri quietly asking for a trade in the offseason, maybe sooner. But I’d love for him to play well enough that they can’t take him out of the line-up. I just wouldn’t bet on that.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'm not too optimistic that he's ever going to be an impact player again. We still need to give him several more games before we come to that conclusion, but the skills just aren't there anymore. He can skate fast and still play physical but that's about it. When it comes to stickhandling and shooting, they're not NHL caliber as we currently stand.

And FTR, we really need to get him the hell off the powerplay. Take him out and put either Parayko or Blais on that unit instead, at least until Thomas gets back. I'm all for giving Fabbri time to try to spark something, but you gotta earn PP time and he has not. The other 2 would provide a lot more.

Reactions: Blueston

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
My feelings about his play are mixed so far this year. He’s found himself a couple good chances and just hasn’t been able to pot them. He’s moving well all over the ice, but damn he gets bumped off the puck so easily. I thought he was awful in the playoffs last season when he got in games. Nearly cost us the Winnipeg series with a horrific turnover that somehow didn’t find the back of the net. I thought he had pretty good instincts and sense before he got hurt. Maybe I misjudged that, but he needs to find it again or develop it.

The Blues are rolling right now, and I don’t think they will struggle too much to make the playoffs. They can afford to see if Fabbri can find it again and they should.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->