Robby Fabbri

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
the only thing fabbri is good for anymore is burning blackhawk flags with Louie and making shitty commercials of it.

what a waste of talent.

thebluenote

Sep 7, 2009
He’s 23 years old. He’s getting back up to speed.

He’s going to kill it in preseason next year, get some confidence and momentum for 2019-2020, and we’ll all have a good laugh and sip our cocktails as he scores 20-30 goals, okay?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
He’s 23 years old. He’s getting back up to speed.

He’s going to kill it in preseason next year, get some confidence and momentum for 2019-2020, and we’ll all have a good laugh and sip our cocktails as he scores 20-30 goals, okay?
Pretty sure the exact same thing was said last offseason.

Obviously take a year off of all the years listed.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Can someone refresh my memory and tell me why he has to go through waivers if we send him to the AHL? Maybe too much of my knowledge of NHL contacts comes from the NHL games, but shouldn't he still be on a 2 way contact?

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I really don’t know what to expect from Fabbri next year.

But,
1) He looks like his knee isn’t the problem. His speed and burst look like close to what he’s always had.
2) I don’t get the opinion to trade him. He’s not worth anything significant in return until he shows he can play an effective NHL game again. I would only trade him if it looks like he’ll be unable to make ace the 23 man roster in camp next year.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Can someone refresh my memory and tell me why he has to go through waivers if we send him to the AHL? Maybe too much of my knowledge of NHL contacts comes from the NHL games, but shouldn't he still be on a 2 way contact?
2 way has nothing to do with eligibility to move up and down. That's about pay. On a 1 way, your salary is the same no matter if you play in the AHL or NHL. A 2 way has 2 different pay scales, NHL and AHL. Fabbri can not go to the AHL without passing waivers since he's played "X" amount of games or time spent on the NHL roster. I dont remember which.

Also there is no period where any player can be sent down without waivers, like EA sports has.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
2 way has nothing to do with eligibility to move up and down. That's about pay. On a 1 way, your salary is the same no matter if you play in the AHL or NHL. A 2 way has 2 different pay scales, NHL and AHL. Fabbri can not go to the AHL without passing waivers since he's played "X" amount of games or time spent on the NHL roster. I dont remember which.

Also there is no period where any player can be sent down without waivers, like EA sports has.

EA sports misinformation campaign strikes again (not dbrownss, the poster he was replying to). 2 way contracts have nothing to do with waiver eligibility.

To clarify for though, waiver eligibility is determined by the number of years since signing an ELC or the number of games played, whichever comes first. The games played are NHL games, but the number of years don't matter if they are NHL or AHL. The number of years/games required is actually determined by the age at which a player signs his ELC and if the player is a goalie or skater (there is a chart in the CBA). For most skaters who sign between 18 and 20, waiver exemption ends after the season they turn 23 or 160 games, whichever is first. Players who sign later, exemption ends at an older age, but a lesser game requirement.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
We are all rooting for Robby Fabbri. I think it was too much to suppose that he could return to form this season. He's already shown that the knee can hold up, and that's a big first step.

He has a lot of work to do, and hope he doesn't get discouraged.

His situation reminds me of Doug Wickenheiser's injury and rehab.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Fabbri's situation I think of akin to a professional guitar player in that if you miss a day of practice, it takes 2-3 days to make it up and get back to speed. The injury thankfully is only going to eat up some time from the way it looks imo is ok, he's young, he has heart, he wants to play, he will make it.

I expect him full speed next season. He really needs a conditioning stint with a team in the off-season. I expected great things of him and still do.

Perron came back from a bad situation before and I know Fabs will do the same.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I would really like it if we get cemented in a playoff spot and can give Fabbri a game or three
I don't think playoffs are the time to start messing with lines and giving guys tryouts. If the Blues don't NEED him, why mess with whats working? Especially in the playoffs.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
I really don’t know what to expect from Fabbri next year.

But,
1) He looks like his knee isn’t the problem. His speed and burst look like close to what he’s always had.
2) I don’t get the opinion to trade him. He’s not worth anything significant in return until he shows he can play an effective NHL game again. I would only trade him if it looks like he’ll be unable to make ace the 23 man roster in camp next year.
Agree with point #2

He has no value in trade

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
EA sports misinformation campaign strikes again (not dbrownss, the poster he was replying to). 2 way contracts have nothing to do with waiver eligibility.

To clarify for though, waiver eligibility is determined by the number of years since signing an ELC or the number of games played, whichever comes first. The games played are NHL games, but the number of years don't matter if they are NHL or AHL. The number of years/games required is actually determined by the age at which a player signs his ELC and if the player is a goalie or skater (there is a chart in the CBA). For most skaters who sign between 18 and 20, waiver exemption ends after the season they turn 23 or 160 games, whichever is first. Players who sign later, exemption ends at an older age, but a lesser game requirement.
Thank you for the clarification

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He's saying the last games of the regular season after we clinch, not the playoffs.
Yes but that's not going to make a difference either, since he's unlikely to play in the playoffs.

The year is lost for Fabbri. He's probably not going to get consistent playing time again until October.

Reactions: Blueston

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Fabbri doesn't need PT, unless we're resting people going into the playoffs. He hasn't played well enough to warrant it, but this year has still been a positive step forward for him. Came back, stayed healthy, skating looks good. Not what it was, but still good. Faster than a lot of our forwards. I think he can still be a good 3rd liner down the road. But not too long ago, we were penciling him in as 1st/2nd line, 1st line PP. I won't say it's impossible for him to get back there, but it would surprise me at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad