Value of: Robby Fabbri at the TDL

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Just to humor you if he keeps up the PPG pace until tdl probably a second or so.

if he does keep up the PPG pace though, Yzerman would be very dumb not to keep and extend him.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Just to humor you if he keeps up the PPG pace until tdl probably a second or so.

if he does keep up the PPG pace though, Yzerman would be very dumb not to keep and extend him.
So long as its nothing past 1/2 yrs max , hes doing good but im not getting too excited just yet as its only like 5 games and always one injury away from it being all over

+ the wings have a ton of prospects competing for spots next season (svechnikov/veleno/zadina/rasmussen/hopefully top pick) just not enough spots, obviously rather keep fabbri and get rid of nielsen/abdelkader but i cant see how theyd be moved

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Detroit is still loaded on young wingers. Realistically next years top 6 wingers will likely be Mantha, Bertuzzi, Zadina, and AA.
+ we might get lafraniere if we’re lucky + svechnikov, rasmussen depending if he plays wing competing for spots and as good as fabbri is doing i think some people might be getting carried away

Looks like we gave regula away for a guy who’ll be gone after this season( i dont care “his upside is third pairing” like some fans have said)

If fabbri continues though i can see AA being moved at some point , we got a ton of young guys coming and we’ll have to create spots and im sure stevie will try and get good value for AA but we’ll see

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If he continues to produce I’d move one of our D prospects for him at the deadline. Maybe a Caleb Jones LD prospect near NHL ready.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
+ we might get lafraniere if we’re lucky + svechnikov, rasmussen depending if he plays wing competing for spots and as good as fabbri is doing i think some people might be getting carried away

Looks like we gave regula away for a guy who’ll be gone after this season( i dont care “his upside is third pairing” like some fans have said)

If fabbri continues though i can see AA being moved at some point , we got a ton of young guys coming and we’ll have to create spots and im sure stevie will try and get good value for AA but we’ll see

I'd rather have Byfield to be honest.

Solves our center issues, and I think the gap is beginning to close between Lafreniere and the pack. He still likely goes 1st, but the consensus seems to be that over the last year the rest of the next level is coming closer.

Plus Byfield is a solid 10 months younger.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
His value would be trending upwards but given he’s a young RFA on a team with only two other top 6 forwards, it would be silly to deal him. I think it would make more sense for Detroit to sign him to a bridge deal in that scenario. If he keeps up the play for another season then he’ll have more value to both the Wings and the rest of the NHL.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
His value would be trending upwards but given he’s a young RFA on a team with only two other top 6 forwards, it would be silly to deal him. I think it would make more sense for Detroit to sign him to a bridge deal in that scenario. If he keeps up the play for another season then he’ll have more value to both the Wings and the rest of the NHL.

Err... Detroit has four other top six forwards.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
What about William Lagesson? He is probably going to be the odd one out for the Oilers being Waiver eligible next season and I think Fabbri could fit in on a line with RNH/Neal. I'd only do that if he continues to produce, though.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Im the camp that says the wings shouldn’t trade him. They got him for a steal and Larkin aside, he could end up as valuable or important as any other top 6 F they currently have.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
What about William Lagesson? He is probably going to be the odd one out for the Oilers being Waiver eligible next season and I think Fabbri could fit in on a line with RNH/Neal. I'd only do that if he continues to produce, though.

We’re not giving you a top 6 forward for your waiver player.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
We’re not giving you a top 6 forward for your waiver player.
Lmao you just paid a waiver fodder type player for him. Lagesson being waiver eligible next year has nothing to do with his skill but his age and the fact he is competeing with Klefbom/Larsson/Nurse/Bear/Jones/Samorukov/Bouchard/Broberg/Persson/Russel for a spot next year.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Lmao you just paid a waiver fodder type player for him. Lagesson being waiver eligible next year has nothing to do with his skill but his age and the fact he is competeing with Klefbom/Larsson/Nurse/Bear/Jones/Samorukov/Bouchard/Broberg/Persson/Russel for a spot next year.

Yes but you said if he continues to produce. We got him for a steal, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to give him up for your worst defenseman.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I'd rather have Byfield to be honest.

Solves our center issues, and I think the gap is beginning to close between Lafreniere and the pack. He still likely goes 1st, but the consensus seems to be that over the last year the rest of the next level is coming closer.

Plus Byfield is a solid 10 months younger.

All depends how veleno progresses though if he becomes a star(which we hope) larkin veleno rasmussen as 1-3 c’s would be perfect

I just want one of lafraniere/byfield/raymond/holtz and maybe perfetti if we start dropping 8-10 th pick ill be hugely dissapointed, think next season is when the fun really starts for wings fans, itll be alot more fun to watch wings games with all those kids

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Considering Detroit needs a good young player that has really high upside it would seem to be stupid as f*** to trade a good young player that has really high upside.

Reactions: LarKing

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I am in agreement with nearly all the posters.
"Trade him? Why? He is exactly what we need.. Young, potential, and currently production"

But since you wanted to hear the value.
If Fabbri puts up 35-40 its by the TDL. This means hes doing 0.70-0.75 PPG.
He would be worth a late 1st or 2nd+Prospect etc.
But I also do not think any team would pay that kind of a price for Fabbri. And quite honestly, we would lose the deal even if we trade a ("50 pt player (over 82 GP)") for any kind of picks/prospects return.

It just makes no sense for us to do this. No matter what we are better off keeping Fabbri and seeing what he can become. I don't care about the asset value. We already won the asset value by getting him at all from Armstrong doing him a Favour so he could play regular minutes.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
3rd or 4th rounder, even with putting up 35-40 points

his name and draft pick status carry more value than his play does

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
The thread wasn't started for a collection of posts on why Detroit shouldn't trade him, it was started to question what his value would be.

I'm guessing those responses are mostly because the value won't be nearly as much as Fabbri's actual worth - or potential worth. I think at best you'll get a 2nd and a throw-away prospect. Even if you're offered a late 1st, is it still worth it? That player might never make it to the NHL. If he does, it still might be in a bottom-six role. At best you'll probably wait 3 years on him. Fabbri is young enough to grow with the core of Detroit and, in this scenario, looks good enough to solidify a middle-six spot. Even on the 3rd line he brings value.

I think at best you're looking at a non-exciting pick or a young player with upside who have proven they can play at the NHL level but haven't broken out yet - like a Dal Colle type, IMO.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
He's not being traded, even if he happens to bomb for a long stretch... We finally look semi respectable since his pick up. He isn't always the most noticeable player in the ice, but he makes things happen... I've never watched him a ton, but his speed and skill with the puck really have caught my attention. He doesn't need much time or space to make a play.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad