Robbie Schremp

Status
Not open for further replies.

db23

Schremp could end up being famous for being famous. No one has more words written about how "underrated" he is.

He hasn't really accomplished anything in the OHL to justify the hype. No awards, no All Star nominations, no trophies, scoring titles, captaincy, national team selection, nothing.

Give it a rest until he actually does something to deserve all the attention.

dole bannana

Schremp will need to improve his skating and attitude if he wants to be a big time guy at the next level. He is also very very weak defensively and needs to show he is at least willing to put and effort into that aspect of the game.

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
Good thread so far. One thing I was wondering about, that sort of got touched on was his production with the Knights this past year. I know stats aren't everything, but for a guy who has "unbelievable, sick offensive skills," you think he would have put up better numbers. Now is there any reasoning behind this, cause like some guys have said before, I would like to see him put up 100 points in the OHL before claiming he'll put up 100 in the show.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Fair points, although was he really in a position to "dominate" with London considering the depth they had last season? I think you'll get a true flavor for what Schremp can do this year when he's the team's number one center.
Your jumping the gun a bit with that assumption. It's very likely that Dylan Hunter and Perry will play the wings on the top line, who will step in for the graduated Scott Sheppard and center that line is still up in the air.... Bolland and Schremp would probably both like to step into that spot and Alexei Ivanov could be a dark horse candidate.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Schremp's game is glamourized because of his stickhandleing skills, an absolutely wicked shot (wrist and slap) and a great ability to make plays when he's working out of a set position and given time and space to pick a defense apart. These skills are made obvious when Schremp is on the PP.

Unfortunatly if he's hurried or pressured Schremp can't execute his offensive skills with nearly as much effectiveness and he becomes a very ordinary offensive player. This is highlighted by his small scoring output at even strength last year, even though he usually wasn't matched up against the oppositions best defensive pairing or checkers. His intangibles aren't a strong suit either, Scremp isn't a player that can be looked at to do the following: Apply some forechecking pressure, win battles along the boards, backcheck with a purpose, drive hard to the net (and hold his ground) or go down to block a shot.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Boomhower said:
Schremp's game is glamourized because of his stickhandleing skills, an absolutely wicked shot (wrist and slap) and a great ability to make plays when he's working out of a set position and given time and space to pick a defense apart. These skills are made obvious when Schremp is on the PP.

Unfortunatly if he's hurried or pressured Schremp can't execute his offensive skills with nearly as much effectiveness and he becomes a very ordinary offensive player. This is highlighted by his small scoring output at even strength last year, even though he usually wasn't matched up against the oppositions best defensive pairing or checkers. His intangibles aren't a strong suit either, Scremp isn't a player that can be looked at to do the following: Apply some forechecking pressure, win battles along the boards, backcheck with a purpose, drive hard to the net (and hold his ground) or go down to block a shot.

Sounds like Doug Weight to me.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Rabid Ranger said:
Sounds like Doug Weight to me.

I think Doug Weight could actually be a very good comparison in terms of Schremps full upside at the NHL level.

Weight is the type of guy who occasionally decides to show off a physical side to his game, but it's incredibly inconsistent.

And he's not incredibly fast, nor incredibly big. But his skill set overtakes these downfalls and makes him the player he is at the NHL level.

Weight could actually be the closest comparison we have for Mr. Schremp.

However, Schremp is also a much better (at least potentially of course) goal scorer then Weight is at the NHL level.

But with all comparisons, nothing is perfect.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Brock said:
I think Doug Weight could actually be a very good comparison in terms of Schremps full upside at the NHL level.

Weight is the type of guy who occasionally decides to show off a physical side to his game, but it's incredibly inconsistent.

And he's not incredibly fast, nor incredibly big. But his skill set overtakes these downfalls and makes him the player he is at the NHL level.

Weight could actually be the closest comparison we have for Mr. Schremp.

However, Schremp is also a much better (at least potentially of course) goal scorer then Weight is at the NHL level.

But with all comparisons, nothing is perfect.

I think the main similarity is power play production. If you notice, Weight scores a majority of his points on the PP where his skill and vision can take over, and I see that in Schremp's future. A player who is *good* at even strength, but even better on the PP.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Rabid Ranger said:
I think the main similarity is power play production. If you notice, Weight scores a majority of his points on the PP where his skill and vision can take over, and I see that in Schremp's future. A player who is *good* at even strength, but even better on the PP.

On all the various threads about Schemp that I have read, I have been looking for a comparison that fits, and Rabid, you have it the nail on the head. That is exactly what I see in the Schremps future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->