Robbie Schremp

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildone26*

Last year he was only 13th forward, and this year he was only a 3rd liner who was benched at various times. So 1 of either 2 things:

1)He is being totally screwed over by the coaches both years, and there is huge political rift in the U.S junior hockey team, and that is why their performance has been so below expectations the last two years, and the idiot coaching staff should all be fired.

2)He is way overrated, and clearly not of NHL caliber, or even close to it, in the next few years.

Although this year he has gotten to play a bit, unlike last year, and I have not been impressed with him when he has been out there.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Well he does have 78 points in 27 games in the OHL so he does have some talent. I think he just may need some AHL seasoning before he is ready for the big time.

He didn't have a great WJC though, hopefully it drives him a bit more once he gets back to London.

wildone26*

Well he has been told by U.S coaches two straight years now that he is basicaly only the 13th forward on U.S teams that were only good enough to be 4th at the World juniors. I dont see how that can be a confidence builder at all.

Rounder

Jan 23, 2005
Schremp

Here are some things for some of you to consider: Schremp did not want to go this year, if not from pressure from Edmonton he would have preferred to stay in London. His treatment last year, as well as the treatment of other C.H.L players in the past is a big reason the team is not succesful. His role was limited this year once again, and while not overwhelming when he got time, he certainly warranted more time than other players from the U.S program. The same treatment was applied to another player from the C.H.L this year who also wanted to leave after a week.
This being said, Schremps play could have been better, however in order to play with the level of intensity required to suceed it helps if you want to be there.

wildone26*

The way the U.S juniors team treated him the last two World juniors is a big reason for their dissapointing performance. The pathetic idiot U.S coaches get what they deserve for demeaning the more talented players because of politics and personal biases.

parisefan55

Dec 30, 2003
Were any of you morons at the tournment? Did you watch any of the games....or are your idiotic comments about Rob just because you have an unjustified bias against him?

First of all let me say that I am Canadian. I am glad the Canadians won the tournament but also disappointed in how the US played as a TEAM. The US coahcing staff over the past 2 years has had absolutely NO CLUE what to do with the players. Either that or they are being told what to do with them by a higher level. Sandelin was beyond terrible and Kyle wasn't much better.

Anyone that can come away from this tournament saying that Schremp and Ryan looked bad have something wrong with them. What did Kessel and Bourque look like then?

After the Norway game Chris Bourque did nothing. The only thing Kessel did was skate as fast as he could out of his zone and either have the puck stripped or try his tired inside outside move. (I personally loved how Canada's Ryan Parent took him down while trying it and then got in his face and said "Dude, you really need a new move")

Robbie Schremp has been TERRIBLY misused....TERRIBLY. The guy deserves first line minutes, at least on the PP. He is a complete wizzard with the puck and he can stickhandle in a phonebooth. The guy is NOT selfish...he has a lethal shot and can score with the best of them, but he is nowhere near greedy and make many a sick pass to set up a teammate.....if you would have actually watched any of the games youd know that he, on many ocassions set up his teammates, who for one reason or another could not finish. Sure he shoots a lot and I'm sure that he took more shots in this tourny because of how frustrated he was...he really wanted to produce and again the idiot coaches screwed him over. If you gave he and Bobby Ryan the minutes the deserved I think you would have seen a different US team.

So Rob Schremp isnt going to be a good NHLer? And who is Kessel? Why? Yes, youre right, those end to end inside outs dont work on Ryan Parent or unknown Finnish or Czech D's but they are certainly going to work on Derian Hatcher, Dion Phaneuf, Ed Jovanovski and others in the show right? Who else Chris Bourque??? have any of you seen him in person?????? He is like 5'7. I was shocked when he walked out after a game at how small he is. Nate Gerbe is almost as tall as he is and I am not joking. After the Norway game he disappeared. His skill set is nowhere near Schremp's.

The body language os the US team just seemed bad....and Im talking OFF THE ICE. Bobby Ryan was always the 1st guy on the bus and the 1st one out after games. It didnt seem like he wanted to even be there, and Im sure he wont be next year. After the Norway game this guy led the team in scoring and I think he was one of if not THE best player. He will not be back next year which is a shame for the US, and simply because of the way he was treated, whether he is in the NHL or not.

USA hockey needs to get over the fact that some players prefer Major Junior over US NTDP and NCAA hockey. Stop punsihing them for the route they choose, you are only hurting the program by being stubborn. Anyone who says that there is no such bias needs to pull their head out of their *** because it is as ovbious as what move Kessel is going to try when rushing with the puck.

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
USA hockey needs to get over the fact that some players prefer Major Junior over US NTDP and NCAA hockey. Stop punsihing them for the route they choose, you are only hurting the program by being stubborn. Anyone who says that there is no such bias needs to pull their head out of their *** because it is as ovbious as what move Kessel is going to try when rushing with the puck.[/QUOTE]

Yay!! :clap: :clap: :handclap: :yo: :)

How true, this present USA hockey leadership group is all about promoting the US tier 1, NTDP, and NCAA guys. If you go off the reservation and go to the CHL your done. Well, hockey is a free market just like other businesses and if you don't produce the best team you fail.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Rounder said:
Here are some things for some of you to consider: Schremp did not want to go this year, if not from pressure from Edmonton he would have preferred to stay in London. His treatment last year, as well as the treatment of other C.H.L players in the past is a big reason the team is not succesful.

Out of curiousity, where did you hear these statements from??? I believe that he was screwed, and if he truly didn't want to represent his country, that just shows how much he hated playing for that organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad