Robbie Schremp at his best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLMDLM

Aug 24, 2004
London Ontario
Is anyone really sure why he wanted out of Miss?

Could he have been in a really terrible organization with way too many expectations on him? Maybe he just wanted to be treated like one of the guys instead of the hero of the team? Maybe the coach and owner is a real di*k and treated him like crap and he took the high road by telling the media that he didn't like the direction of the team?

None of us were in his situation or have any idea what were the circumstances so we can't hang him for it!

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
Pete Rock said:
Three stars that have spent time with the Mississauga Ice Dogs:

1. Patrick O'Sullivan - Didn't like the direction the team was going. Stuck around and tried to make changes for the better. Ended up finishing 1st in the conference in his fourth year.
  2. Jason Spezza - Didn't like the direction the team was going. Asked owner Don Cherry (at the time) to be traded and played out his games until the best deal could be made for him.
  3. Robbie Schremp - Didn't like the direction the team was going. Whined, pouted, sulked, and eventually sat out until he was traded for whatever London or Guelph could throw together.

Take your pick kids.

DLMDLM said:
Is anyone really sure why he wanted out of Miss?

Could he have been in a really terrible organization with way too many expectations on him? Maybe he just wanted to be treated like one of the guys instead of the hero of the team? Maybe the coach and owner is a real di*k and treated him like crap and he took the high road by telling the media that he didn't like the direction of the team?

None of us were in his situation or have any idea what were the circumstances so we can't hang him for it!

The answer has to do with education. Nothing more, nothing less.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
thomasincanada said:
How so? He want to go to Saunders or something?

I've heard Miss wanted Rob to attend high school and demanded that of him even - as per the OHL's education policy. Guess, Rob didn't want to go to high school in Canada and they had a big fuss. Whether Rob finished his high school in the US through correspondence or whatever I don't really know.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
schremp imo is overated ! he will never be a star , he is juste invisible on 5-5 , he will be a second liner , an american version of ribeiro (who put gret number on lhjmq like schremp ... )

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
Mr Bugg said:
What exactly does he need to do to cleanse his soul for those most terrible sins performed 3 years ago? Save 100 children from a burning orphanage? Honestly now.
Well, it was actually 2 years and 2 months ago, but that's getting picky.

Does he need to save a bunch of kids from a burning orphanage? Of course not, but he's done nothing to show that he's any kind of a team player nor has he shown that he won't pull the exact same stunt the next time things aren't going his way.

Mr Bugg said:
Thanks Dr. Phil. Glad to see you've sat down and done a comprehensive personality profile of Mr. Schremp so that you can so accurately tell us what his "core characteristics" are.
Obviously, I didn't sit down and do a "comprehensive personality profile" of Rob Schremp, but your sarcasm is duly noted. ;)

Regardless, it doesn't take a psychologist to note that, to use a tired cliche, a cheetah can't change it's spots. Through enough life experience working with and managing people, a person that whines/sulks/pouts/whatever may change for short periods of time when things are going in their favour, but it will never change over the long run unless an attitude adjustment is made as a result of drastic events; you don't need a doctorate, you just need to know people.

Mr Bugg said:
Well don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.
The fact is that Rob Schremp demanded a trade out of Mississauga for whatever reason, and refused to play until it happened. I wasn't aware of any other facts that I was debating. I formed my opinion based on that fact.

Is there any other way?

Mr Bugg said:
When the name on the front of the jersey has betrayed the name on the back for two consecutive years, I ask who would realistically want to apply said quote to themselves.
Again, you are completely misinterpreting what my problem with Schremp is. I also noted Jason Spezza in that group who also wanted a trade out of Mississauga but played until he was traded for a deal that was worthy of a Spezza talent. Schremp, as I recall, wanted only two teams (London obviously included) and made it public, thus nullifying any attempt to get fair market value.

DLMDLM

Aug 24, 2004
London Ontario
Mississauga didn't give him away!

They got 2 first round picks and players.... doesn't it tell you that with all of their good players asking for trades that something must have been gravely wrong with the organization? So Schremp shouldn't have gone public but who you have to give him the benefit of the dought because of all the other prospects asking for trades and keep in mind very rarely do kids ask for trades in the OHL.

Also you say people don't change "unless an attitude adjustment is made as a result of drastic events".... wouldn't being benched in the conference final by your new coach have been one of those moments assuming for one minute that he has an attitude to begin with.

I'm getting a bit tired of this argument ... if you'd have met him you would see that he plays and speaks of hockey with an unbelievable passion that comes out in his play and his teamates.

the hunters have done a very good job making sure he's treated fairly ... not like a superstar and he's responded with maturity... that's why his teamates gave him an A for his jersey.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
Pete Rock said:
Does he need to save a bunch of kids from a burning orphanage? Of course not, but he's done nothing to show that he's any kind of a team player nor has he shown that he won't pull the exact same stunt the next time things aren't going his way.

Seems like you haven't been following him lately. He comes to London and Hunter benches him in a playoff series (for not playing defense) that they subsequently lose. Rob doesn't complain, but instead works on his defense so that next year he comes back stronger and Hunter doesn't bench him in the playoffs.

He goes to Edmonton and is pretty much the last guy cut. He doesn't complain - instead he comes back to London to work hard on his game. He then goes to a USA WJC team that apparently he didn't even want to go to (word is that Edmonton convinced him to go). They give him little ice time and misuse him (IMO, of course). Instead of complaining about it, he just shuts his mouth and comes back and plays hard.

Yeah.. he *definately* pouts everytime things don't go his way. We need to move on from the Mississauga thing, clearly it wasn't his best moment but he's done plenty of mature things since then.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Pete Rock said:
Regardless, it doesn't take a psychologist to note that, to use a tired cliche, a cheetah can't change it's spots. Through enough life experience working with and managing people, a person that whines/sulks/pouts/whatever may change for short periods of time when things are going in their favour, but it will never change over the long run unless an attitude adjustment is made as a result of drastic events; you don't need a doctorate, you just need to know people.
Brett Favre was sent out of Atlanta for his drinking problems, attitude problems, etc. And now? He's the league's posterboy for class and excellence.

A leopard can change his spots if he puts his mind to it.

Of course, for every Brett Favre there's a Maurice Clarrett, but until it happens, we'll never know.

se7en*

gars59 said:
schremp imo is overated ! he will never be a star , he is juste invisible on 5-5 , he will be a second liner , an american version of ribeiro (who put gret number on lhjmq like schremp ... )

A Montreal fan calling a prospect "overrated".

Who'da thunk it?

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
RUSqueelin said:
I've heard Miss wanted Rob to attend high school and demanded that of him even - as per the OHL's education policy. Guess, Rob didn't want to go to high school in Canada and they had a big fuss. Whether Rob finished his high school in the US through correspondence or whatever I don't really know.

You're on the right track. I don't particularly want to post the whole story since I've only heard it second-hand, albeit from very reliable sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad