Robbie Schremp at his best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
BitterEnd said:
So Schremp scored in the first 36 seconds of a 5min powerplay. That means he was on the ice for 4min 24 seconds after that, where he didn’t score. Maybe if he had come off the ice for as little as 30 seconds of that 4:24 he would have been rested enough to score again and given a team mate a chance to score. It's also worth noting, that Schremp didn't have a goal or assist and was on the ice for a -2 after his 5-6min shift. Bottom line, it was a bad decision, they lost the game and Schremp had a team high –3.

Glad you were in Barrie last night. Man, sometimes these boards are just so frustrating. Hunter had his 5 man power play out for what turned out to be about 5 minutes in PP time. Maybe you should start a thread that Bolland, Hunter, and Kostitsyn are selfish players also cause guess what - they were out there with him - Because Dale Hunter WANTED them out there. Get out and see some more games in person before ranting about boxscores.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
There are far too many people who are making comments about the goings on in a Junior Hockey game that have absolutely no access to the game and making definitive decisions about what went on.

He wasn't on the ice for 5 minutes straight because he refused to come off the ice. He was put out there on an extended power play because he is the anchor of what I would call the most dominant PP in Junior hockey over the past while.

He put up 4 points but was a minus 3. One of his minuses came off the empty net goal which made the score 7-5. The other two were both caused by the much maligned defensive woes of the Knights. They lack a top defenseman and their best defensemen are all injured.

This was also Adam Dennis worst game as a Knight this season as far as I am concerned.

On the season Schremp has still managed to be a +14 including this 'horrific' -3 performance last night.

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
BitterEnd said:
Perry was also a +66 on the season. Schremp is no Perry.

London also tied the CHL record for fewest goals against last year and had by all accounts essentially an all-star team.

Man you put WAY too much stock in numbers. Watch a game or two, then comment on what the boys in London are doing.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
JNRhockeyGURU said:
i dont know bout all that but boy does robbie ever see bitter towards USA hockey management....this must be at least the 3rd time i've seen this quote or something like this in print since the WJC's just a couple weeks ago:
"It takes a while to adjust after playing 10 minutes a game for three weeks at the world juniors (with the Americans)," he said. "I didn't get a lot of ice time (in Vancouver) and when I first came back, it was tough to play 25 minutes a game. But it feels good now to be back in a place where you're appreciated."

Rightfully so IMO, he may as well stayed in London and helped his team and his coach instead of having to deal with the BS politics and piss poor chemistry of team USA this year. I would've assumed that he would've gotten a fair shake this year after he paid his dues and was also mis-used in last years WJC's.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
transplant99 said:
He will make an exemplary Oiler...they don't care about defense either.
Yep, with Horcoff, Stoll, Peca, Reasoner down the middle and a defense anchored by Pronger, Smith and Staios, the Oilers are clearly a team built around soft, floating cherry picking hockey.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
HabLover said:
2 goals and 2 assists tonight, but -3 at the same time! How does that happen? All in a losing effort! Too funny........

By the way, where were you the night before when he went for 2-2-4 and was a +3??? With 3 of his points at even strength??? So how many of your prospects put up 4-4-8 in their last 2 games??? :dunno: :p:

Heavy Fuel

If all you Hab/Duck/etc. fans keep this up we may have to trade Schremp to you because he is obviously no good. All your thoughtful analysis of games you haven't seen makes me realize that we in Oilerville have been mistaken for thinking we had stolen a player from under the noses of clueless GMs around the league.

:razz:

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
Three stars that have spent time with the Mississauga Ice Dogs:

1. Patrick O'Sullivan - Didn't like the direction the team was going. Stuck around and tried to make changes for the better. Ended up finishing 1st in the conference in his fourth year.
  2. Jason Spezza - Didn't like the direction the team was going. Asked owner Don Cherry (at the time) to be traded and played out his games until the best deal could be made for him.
  3. Robbie Schremp - Didn't like the direction the team was going. Whined, pouted, sulked, and eventually sat out until he was traded for whatever London or Guelph could throw together.

Take your pick kids.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Pete Rock said:
Three stars that have spent time with the Mississauga Ice Dogs:

1. Patrick O'Sullivan - Didn't like the direction the team was going. Stuck around and tried to make changes for the better. Ended up finishing 1st in the conference in his fourth year.
  2. Jason Spezza - Didn't like the direction the team was going. Asked owner Don Cherry (at the time) to be traded and played out his games until the best deal could be made for him.
  3. Robbie Schremp - Didn't like the direction the team was going. Whined, pouted, sulked, and eventually sat out until he was traded for whatever London or Guelph could throw together.

Take your pick kids.

Yes, we get it. Everyone hates Schremp.

...and because of the decisions he made, a kid whose talent should have landed him in the top 10 of the '04 draft easily instead saw himself not get picked until #25. Guess what - he paid for it, and moved on to bigger and better things.

Perhaps you should, too?

Or are you going to take the actions of a 17 year old kid and hold it against him till death do you part?

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
Pete Rock said:
[*]Robbie Schremp - Didn't like the direction the team was going. Whined, pouted, sulked, and eventually sat out until he was traded for whatever London or Guelph could throw together. Competed in 2 WJC's, won the OHL Championship and Memorial Cup, All-Star appearances... Will Undoubtably win the OHL and most likely CHL scoring title... Good chance at another Mem Cup appearance... The list goes on
[/list]

Take your pick kids.

Wonder how much of that he would have achieved in Mississauga for the last 2 and a half years... You guys really need to get over what a young kid did at the beginning of his career.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
MomentsofSanity said:
Wonder how much of that he would have achieved in Mississauga for the last 2 and a half years... You guys really need to get over what a young kid did at the beginning of his career.
Competed in 2 WJC's ... Priceless ;)

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
The guy is gonna need some pretty strong babysitters on his line in Edmonton at 5 on 5, or PP is the only icetime he'll be seeing.

DLMDLM

Aug 24, 2004
London Ontario
Schremp and the pp out too long

The top pp line in London (Hunter, Schremp, Bolland, AJ, Kostitsyn) does play too long because we only have one line of pp!
That being said they can stay out for a very long time because they control the play so well especially on a 5-3. I bet they could play very well on a 5-3 for 5 mins. If you have seen them play you would see that Schremp does a very good job bringing it out of his end through the neutral zone and into the offensive zone. Once the pp is set up the pp guys only skate about 2 feet at a time while they cycle the puck around tiring the defence out until they are out of possition. they're so good they rarely have to skate after the puck because it doesn't get dumped down the ice conserving their energy. Also Dennis is very good at stoping the puck on a dump out and passing it back up the ice before our pp guys even have to skate back into their zone to get the puck.

They just don't have to work very hard on the pp so they can stay out for ever.

I would love to see the Knights score more even strength but it doesn't seem to be clicking and it's affecting all of their +/- 's

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
MomentsofSanity said:

I wonder what would have happened in Mississauga with a team that sported a one-two punch down the middle of Patty O'Sullivan and Robbie Schremp and a top PP unit with both of them on it. You're right, nothing would've been accomplished. :shakehead

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
Digger12 said:
...and because of the decisions he made, a kid whose talent should have landed him in the top 10 of the '04 draft easily instead saw himself not get picked until #25. Guess what - he paid for it, and moved on to bigger and better things.

Perhaps you should, too?

Or are you going to take the actions of a 17 year old kid and hold it against him till death do you part?

I will hold it against him until he proves that he isn't that type of person any longer.

People don't often change their core characteristics unless something drastic has happened to them to force the change. I wouldn't call falling 20 spots to still be picked in the 1st round anything near a drastic type of event.

After that incident with his pouting, he will remain an immature individual in my eyes. Fair or unfair, it is my opinion and it's not going to change anytime soon.

As Herb Brooks said about assembling his "Miracle on Ice" team:

"You're looking for players whose name on the front of the sweater is more important than the one on the back."

I seriously question the ability to apply that quote to Rob Schremp.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Pete Rock said:
People don't often change their core characteristics unless something drastic has happened to them to force the change.

Kind of like the reason he wanted out of Mississauga?

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I will hold it against him until he proves that he isn't that type of person any longer.

What exactly does he need to do to cleanse his soul for those most terrible sins performed 3 years ago? Save 100 children from a burning orphanage? Honestly now.

People don't often change their core characteristics unless something drastic has happened to them to force the change. I wouldn't call falling 20 spots to still be picked in the 1st round anything near a drastic type of event.

Thanks Dr. Phil. Glad to see you've sat down and done a comprehensive personality profile of Mr. Schremp so that you can so accurately tell us what his "core characteristics" are.

Fair or unfair, it is my opinion and it's not going to change anytime soon.

Well don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.

I seriously question the ability to apply that quote to Rob Schremp.

When the name on the front of the jersey has betrayed the name on the back for two consecutive years, I ask who would realistically want to apply said quote to themselves.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
Seachd said:
Kind of like the reason he wanted out of Mississauga?

I'm not sure if you're of the same opinion, the opposite opinion, or just making a general comment, but I'll respond anyway.

My issue is not with the fact that Schremp wanted out of Mississauga; his opinion of the direction of the team is just as valid as my opinion of his dedication and character. My issue with Schremp is the way that he got his way out of Mississauga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad