Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Yet Schremp and Spezza shared a common reason for wanting to leave: to go to a team where they felt they would have a better chance of advancing their careers.
There is a huge difference in the environments they chose to leave...... When Spezza asked to be traded, the Icedogs franchise was in shambles, the coaching was poor, there were no other quality players on the team, the team was going to end up in the cellar with or without Spezza, etc.

When Schremp asked to be traded, the franchise had turned around, they have one of the best coaches in the league, the Dogs are in the playoffs, Schremp had quality players around him (O'Sullivan, who was a linemate and IMO was partially responsible for the rookie of the year honours to name one).

Completely different circumstances....

Tadite

Feb 27, 2002
Rhode Island
Visit site
Charlie_Girl49 said:
When Schremp asked to be traded, the franchise had turned around, they have one of the best coaches in the league, the Dogs are in the playoffs, Schremp had quality players around him (O'Sullivan, who was a linemate and IMO was partially responsible for the rookie of the year honours to name one).

O'Sullivan? That is your example of the new happy Dogs? Makes me wonder what other dirt is going on in that organization....

Either way I don't really care if Schremp asked to be traded. That has got to be one of the most common actions any Hockey player does in any league. Seems to be almost like sending flowers to mom on mothers day. Not a big deal at all.

Only thing I would like to see in Schremp is if he gets better defensivly.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
Charlie_Girl49 said:
There is a huge difference in the environments they chose to leave...... When Spezza asked to be traded, the Icedogs franchise was in shambles, the coaching was poor, there were no other quality players on the team, the team was going to end up in the cellar with or without Spezza, etc.

So you're saying since the Ice Dogs sucked, Spezza had the right to jump ship? If Spezza was allowed to do it then so is Schremp, regardless if the team sucks or not

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
SwOOsh said:
I would love for the Caps to draft him. (Not in the top 2 though)

Yeah no way the caps take him 2nd or 3rd overall...he plays under Dale Hunter so Im sure his opinions and endorsement will be one of the deciding factors on whether or not we draft Schremp

fanofohl15

Mar 13, 2004
why does anybody really care the circumstances, he wanted out and he got traded. he didn't get kicked out!! it looks like it was to better his career. does it really matter, will it matter on draft day? probably not! his talent and drive is all you need to look at. the fact that he won't bad mouth missy says a lot about this kid, yes, kid! btw? has any ohl team swept all 4 rounds and the championship? could be this year the way the knights are playing.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
There isn't enough mustard to cover that out of shape hot dog. Mark my words, he'll never make it in the NHL.

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
LemonDrop_27 said:
There isn't enough mustard to cover that out of shape hot dog. Mark my words, he'll never make it in the NHL.
You are crazy.. i played jr a. hockey with him when i was 20 and he was 15 in the oha. They brought me in for some protection. The first day of camp, the first person who came up and introduced himself was Robbie. Yes he knows hes good, but he is.. ive never in my life seen people do things with the puck like he has. He single handedly kill off a powerplay against the best team in the league the wellington dukes, by just skating circles around their team till the penalty was up. He was by far the most devoted player on our team.. after our prac.. he would prac. with our b team. Sometimes he would even skate with the little kids after wards because they looked up to him. He was like by everyone on the team, so it kills me that people wanna bad mouth him for no reason. As for the hot dog comment, look at Sidney Crosby. They are fun to watch. If i could pull off those moves i would use them and u would too. Another reason people bad mouthed him is because he played on a usa team( the syracuse Crunch) in a Canadian league (OHA) and donminated at the age of 15 and 16.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
LemonDrop_27 said:

Now it's getting ridiculous. Outright slander that isn't even true. What a joke. :shakehead :banghead: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->