Value of: Robbie fabbri

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Don't know how to value him, but I can tell you for certain he's worth more to us then to other teams. And as we have insane forward depth this year, why would we want to give that up and trade a guy like Fabbri?

Reactions: 67Blues

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Teams won't give up much for a player who missed a whole season + and the Blues won't trade him while his value is low (if at all). No deal to be made here.

Reactions: Devonator

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Don't know how to value him, but I can tell you for certain he's worth more to us then to other teams. And as we have insane forward depth this year, why would we want to give that up and trade a guy like Fabbri?

That’s why I’m asking value of. Not a proposal for someone. Depth is good but need to keep options open with others looking real good in camp.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Teams won't give up much for a player who missed a whole season + and the Blues won't trade him while his value is low (if at all). No deal to be made here.

So reading between the lines fabbri could be dealt for stone straight up since value is low and Dorian thinks value needs to be in golf scoring?

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
That’s why I’m asking value of. Not a proposal for someone. Depth is good but need to keep options open with others looking real good in camp.

I agree we need to keep options open with other players looking good in camp. So if another team wants to offer a pick/prospect for a guy like Barbashev, Jaskin, Soshnikov or Schmaltz I'm willing to listen. ;)

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
The Blues have a lot of lesser assets that they can move for picks or AHL fodder to free up roster space if Kyrou and Thomas continue to play well and make the team. As stated by @Beauterham , we have players who have value to teams looking to fill low 3rd and 4th line positions that won't cost much at all.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Why would we trade Fabbri?

Also, I don't know what you are expecting people to want to pay for Fabbri. He's still a large question mark. But the beauty of our depth is we can take that risk.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Value to his team is a lot higher then others. No reason to move a young player that has been successful.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Fabbri looked like a 30G player before his injury. If he gets back to that type of player, the Blues look even better. I think he’s only 22.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I think the OP's post is a little premature, as Fabbri's value is low right now. Having said that, I hope the OP doesn't get flamed too much. With our LW depth, Fabbri could be expendable. Even if he returns to full form, he's basically a carbon copy of Jaden Schwartz. A trade could be made to balance our wings. (Mark Stone was mentioned). The Blues would also like to get back into the 2019 1st round. I am just throwing ideas around, not making proposals. In short, Fabbri is an excellent player, but I would strongly disagree that he is in any way untouchable.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Very low value right now for obvious reasons, perhaps a 2nd rounder or equivalent. We just don't know how effective he'll be yet.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The underlying injury history could scare off suitors other than those who are doing a 1 and done or so year rental.

The other avenue to answer your question is ask, who else also is promising, but has had injury history? Not saying that is 1:1 deal, but that could partially alleviate risk, and hypothetical say Fabs is the better player, then this lesser guy and a pick for Fabs, shared medical risk on both sides.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Ok here’s his value:

To Blues: a former first round pick who showed serious flashes, including a very impressive playoff run his rookie season.

To everyone else: a young talent that has a metric shit ton of risk because of back to back torn ACLs and hasn’t played a meaningful hockey game in 2 months.

So to answer: so disproportionate that it’s impossible to even try to gauge here.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Ok here’s his value:

To Blues: a former first round pick who showed serious flashes, including a very impressive playoff run his rookie season.

To everyone else: a young talent that has a metric **** ton of risk because of back to back torn ACLs and hasn’t played a meaningful hockey game in 2 months.

So to answer: so disproportionate that it’s impossible to even try to gauge here.
Exactly this. If I'm the Blues, the upside potential of returning to his form is great. If he crashes and burns, then they are out a meager salary for this year.

If I'm another team, I try to steal him away on the hopes that maybe he recovers, but I'd wouldn't offer anything more than probably a 3rd and a middling prospect.

In other words, I don't see any deals here to be made by either parties.

Reactions: simon IC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad