Rob Zombie film about the Broad Street Bullies (Film Put On Hold)

RevUpThoseGolfCarts

Experts at losing
Sep 28, 2010
Philadelphia
http://flyers.thecheckingline.com/b...ect-produce-and-write-film-about-broad-street

Don't know how legit this is but I like it.

Mod edit to link Philly.com:

Rob Zombie will write, direct and produce “Broad Street Bullies,†a film about the mid-1970's Stanley Cup winning Flyers, reports Deadline.com.

Zombie, the former White Zombie musician who became a successful horror filmmaker with “House Of 1000 Corpses†and “Halloween,†tells the website that he has the rights to the Flyers story and the full support of the Flyers organization.
Read more:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...alled-Broad-Street-Bullies.html#ixzz1yHUstx29

Last edited by a moderator:

Amateur Hour

Jul 23, 2006
Negadelphia
CrossingBroad just linked it. I'll go ahead and believe its legitimacy for now. It'll be a real movie too, not a documentary. Obviously I'm in favor. I hope Zombie is sure to include a scene with Bernie banging 10 chicks at once.

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010

I like it too. Would be sweet.

CrossingBroad just linked it. I'll go ahead and believe its legitimacy for now. It'll be a real movie too, not a documentary. Obviously I'm in favor. I hope Zombie is sure to include a scene with Bernie banging 10 chicks at once.

Just curious, is that a known fact that he has banged 10 chicks at the same time or what? :laugh:

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Seeing as I saw his earlier movies, I wonder if Clarke slashing Kharlamov's ankle will be while Clarke is holding a machete

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Gargano and Macnow were talking about this in WIP today. Apparently Clarke has already said he's excited about the prospect of it.

Should be interesting with Zombie as the director and how much of a stray it will be from the movies he's done to date.

I'm pretty stoked, and hope it pulls through.

tryce91

Jun 11, 2012
Gargano and Macnow were talking about this in WIP today. Apparently Clarke has already said he's excited about the prospect of it.

Should be interesting with Zombie as the director and how much of a stray it will be from the movies he's done to date.

I'm pretty stoked, and hope it pulls through.

heard it on WIP too today.
should be interesting.. i hope its relatively factual and not far-fetched

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
A couple/few years back -- around the time the Spectrum demolition plans were being formulated -- Dave 'Hammer' Schultz let the Flyers Fan Club in on his son's project to bring the Bullies to a major motion picture... he sound like, or may have even said, it was at that point a done deal to be made... IIRC the younger Schultz was writing or co-writing it.

I wonder if this current project is tied into that in any way... I understand Rob Zombie has announced he will write it... but this possibly could still be an off-shoot of the Schultz project with Hammer's son laying the groundwork and doing the preliminary script... and getting the movie off the ground with the initial grunt-work that got it its approval... Just a thought.......

That earlier project was supposed to be on the lines of Slap Shot IIRC... being lighthearted, but still having a factual base.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town

This isnt a Wilt Chamberlain movie :laugh:.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
rob zombie, wow. cool.

i saw rob zombie in concert in toon town, with ozzie. he is a great musician, great entertainer. my fav part was a flick of the munsters doing some drag racing with their roadster. as much as i love ozzie, i thought rob was better. some of his movies were dreadfull halloween , awful. i loved his house of a 1000 corpses and the devils rejects.this one i will keep my eyes on. i can see it sitting in my blu-ray collection.

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia
Bernie Parent is excited about it and looks forward to his "involvement in the film".

Maybe the original Bullies will have cameos or something?

Or Bernie just can't wait to recount all of his 'conquests' for the film, seeing as this isn't a documentary, I feel most of the film will focus on off-ice shenanigans.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad