Rob Zepp starts in goal for flyers tonight making NHL debut at age 33

Analyzer*

Never gave up and deserves it. Hopefully he has a good game.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Maybe his first and only game in the NHL? Good for him, he will have something to speak about for the rest of his life. Still more games in the NHL than 99,9999% of people.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Crazy, he was very meh in Germany and a couple of months after leaving the DEL, he'll make his NHL debut. Good for him.

babas

Jul 3, 2009
That's awesome!

I'm not sure if he's still around, but wasn't he a pretty active member on these boards?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
His face in the beginning Leafs game last night was hilarious. Looked like he was going to pee himself. Good for him, and best of luck.

No....that was the dumb CBC announcers going on and on about Emery being pulled...even when Philly was winning 4-3.

Maybe his first and only game in the NHL? Good for him, he will have something to speak about for the rest of his life. Still more games in the NHL than 99,9999% of people.

He might be there for a bit depending on Mason's injury length. And who knows, if he plays well...could replace a Emery next year.

Good for him for sure, got the win too to make the best of it.

Can you see the future? Awesome! He gets the win tonight!

:dm:

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Good for him, because despite playing for one of my German team's big rivals, he never seemed like a bad guy. That said, he also never seemed like a significantly above-average goalie in this league, so I really don't understand why he got signed to that deal by the Flyers, and was upset about it when Berlin replaced him with a better goalie. I can't imagine there was any scouting involved, maybe other than Giroux saying that he was okay in the lockout. Still kind of hope he does well in the 1-2 games he'll get.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
In Winnipeg?

Wow. I really hope those fans go easy on him. Don't the fans usually heckle opposing goaltenders really badly?

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I hope he wont have the same idea as Heeter in his only game for us last year. Wearing a mask with an arrow pointing right into his fivehole

Polar Vortex

Jul 4, 2012
I've read posts about him that he's not NHL caliber but good for him anyways! Most people on these boards don't know **** about anything so there's that lol.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Good thing Zepp likely didn't understand what they were saying then.
He's been in Germany six years, and those chants aren't generally too difficult semantically. :) I'm pretty sure he caught more of it back then than he will going forward.

I've read posts about him that he's not NHL caliber but good for him anyways! Most people on these boards don't know **** about anything so there's that lol.
He isn't NHL caliber. No doubt about it. That's not a shot at him, though. Not even at the Flyers, because in the role they signed him for, you don't always have NHL caliber guys. I don't really consider Emery NHL caliber at this point, either, so it's not too bad, in a way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->