Proposal: Rob Scuderi

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Extended him for 2 years unless we are out of contention and get a first pick back. He needs to play under 20 minutes a game in a shutdown role to be effective. Right now they are over extending him in minutes because of injuries.

Scuderi doesn't look great right now, and this is exactly why. The guy is seeing 5 minutes more of ice time a game than he is used to, and with the very short camp the effect is noticable.

But... if Muzzin keeps his play at this level, I don't think there is any way the Kings extend Scuderi. Jake was all over the ice last night, and has been impressive. He's playing with confidence, making great reads, and is making the most of the opportunity. Take the savings from his contract, add that to Penner/Gagne, and you have cap space for a really nice top-6 guy. There is still $$$ left over to extend Greene and Mitchell.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Scuderi doesn't look great right now, and this is exactly why. The guy is seeing 5 minutes more of ice time a game than he is used to, and with the very short camp the effect is noticeable.

this is why Scuds is having some problems here and there. he has been asked to and is taking on extra minutes and roles he typically wouldn't. this is what happens when you lose your other two shutdown D.

Scuds is doing fine. is he perfect no, but i will take him in the role rather than most other guys our opposition trods out there each night.

many of you are off your *** rocker with the 'trade Scuderi' comments. they rank right up there with the earlier 'trade Greene' comments.

bright shiny objects....i swear if it isn't bright, shiny and new there are entirely to many overly critical fans around. guys like Scuds are vital for the team's success. he is a foundation piece that you build on. with someone like him in the line up it means the players known for flashy play can exist out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad