Rob Schremp piles on Tavares

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Too late, he's already a star. See: goals by age 20

Tavares is great. I'm just worried his last 4-5 years on his contract are going to be rough.

Jets would be smart to sign Laine until age 30-31 and then let someone else pay for his decline.
Laine will fall off quickly. How many goes does he have after November?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Played against Asham two years ago in a Montreal Alumni game. He was by far the weakest player on the squad despite being the youngest.....I am not overly interested in what the guy that played on six different NHL teams says about the guy that played with two teams.

I am even less interested in what Rob Schremp has to say....he of seven different EUROPEAN clubs since 2011/12.

Reactions: smitty10 and BM14

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Even Islander fans would say that you cant blame JT for the Islanders being bad for so long. Its BS to throw Tavares under the bus for the failures of the Islanders. And lets not act like Tavares didnt make guys better either.

Toronto media and some fans did the same thing with Kessel, despite him being elite while here.

One player can only do so much, they need an adequate amount of support behind them.

People should be blaming Snow.

Reactions: smitty10

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!

Tavares is great. I'm just worried his last 4-5 years on his contract are going to be rough.

Jets would be smart to sign Laine until age 30-31 and then let someone else pay for his decline.
why do you come on the leafs board, and than criticize leafs players.... get out of here with that crap.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Is Rob Schremp an HFboards poster? Why is his opinion worth discussing?
He's a former first-round pick who played with Tavares long ago. Tavares apparently said something negative about him a while back, and he's just returning the 'favor'.

Not worth discussing. The same thing was posted on the Isles board, and got three responses, basically 'big deal, who cares?' We should be as mature.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017

Laine is a complete bum of a hockey player. I mean it's nice to have all those goals in your back pocket but outside of the games when he's scoring he contributes next to nothing to a team. Dude is going to be a colossal waste of cap space.

Give me a guy like Roslovic or Connor any day over Fortnite addict Laine

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Figures that the only players to call out JT are players that had poor NHL careers and are timbit players!!!!

As some are saying, this is all about players trying to stay relevant when a league has passed them by.

Lol

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Rob Schremp.

The same Rob Schremp who was known to have character issues. Who had a lazy work ethic. Who was known to party too much and not act professionally.

That guy is ripping John Tavares? A #1 pick who was captain of the Islanders, is on pace for 50 goals and has won gold medals with Team Canada. Schremp doesn't see what makes this guy good?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Figures that the only players to call out JT are players that had poor NHL careers and are timbit players!!!!

As some are saying, this is all about players trying to stay relevant when a league has passed them by.

Lol
Arron Asham also never played with Tavares. Not sure why he calls him a traitor. Afterwards leaving the Isles he went on to play for their divisional rival Flyers, Penguins, Devils and Rangers. I don't get it.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
The NYI , their fans, and all of their alumni can go suck on a cucumber!

are they really still on this?

maybe its because Tavares is posting career numbers on a really good team and a contender no less. NYI had years to add pieces and they let Garth Snow run the show and f*** things up.

the best thing to happen to the NYI is Barzal and he was a gift from EDM. They cant even take credit for drafting him. Just like Tavares, it was a no brainer.

Reactions: Eric bungay

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The NYI , their fans, and all of their alumni can go suck on a cucumber!

are they really still on this?
No. Isles fans made a total of three posts on this, all of them "so what?" Leaf fans are up to almost 125 posts, most of them screaming in childish fury about nothing.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
I would take his opinion seriously if the guy had some work ethic but hes basically the definition of a bust who was harped on for being lazy. This seems like a dude trying to stay relevant

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Less mature than the ones who burned his jeresy and gave the Tavares family death threats?
Do you have any evidence of that?

And that's obviously not the fans posting on hfboards. Or the people responding to Schremp's twit, which it the topic being discussed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->