Rob Schremp piles on Tavares

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
I can't imagine the NHLPA would be too pleased with players, coaches/GMs (often former members), and fans all criticising one of its members for exercising rights they fought hard to have included in the CBA.

Reactions: Mork

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
If they Leafs ever win a Cup, I cannot fathom what will happen to opposing team's fans.
They will say it was chance you had to win our last one ever at some point of time that was last night get over your cup win already leaf fans. Sounds about right.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
As long as we understand what a kid from Arizona may do....
Different organization though. Our direction commitment and tactics to getting better always is very important to players and imo a big reason whybtavares left nyi

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
He played with a 18/19 year old Tavares...pretty sure kids that age are chasing stats to you know, stay in the league.

Interestingly enough Tavares scored more goals and tied Schremps career points total in just his rookie season :laugh:. Considering Schremp was overhyped to be a superstar, I'm pulling the jealousy card on this one.

Thanks for the negative publicity though...

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I don't get it. When Zach Parise and Ryan Suter left their respective teams to sign with the Wild for much the same reasons as JT coming home, the only fans that were pissed off were Preds and Devils fans. I don't recall members of the media or former players character assassinating them.

But JT does what he's legally allowed to do and we've had all kinds of bullshit, even to the point some saying Matthews should go home to play in AZ after he become a UFA.

The only difference between JT and Parise and Suter is John is Canadian. Maybe that's it!

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Rob Schremp?

The most notable thing that guy has done was manage not to flush himself down the toilet, because as a pro hockey player, he's all $#it.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Just remember these things about Rob.

There has been many accounts noted back to his youth mentioning his egotistical, lazy attitude.... a guy who possessed a load of skill, but close to zero desire. A kid most parents, scouts, coaches, peers look at as a liability...someone who could have it all, but unlikely to actually put it together.

I don't know the exact dialog that Tavares was using for Ho-sang / Schremp. But it reaaaally looks like JT hit the nail on the head when assessing a comparison.

Schremp seems butt hurt and was eagerly awaiting a time to spout off.

Unfortunately for him; He's talking about a hardworking, successful, 'career' Nhler with deep pockets. As he's toiled in Europe talking to his teammates about how he can twirl the puck on his stick, lacrosse style better than real players

Reactions: Eric bungay

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
Rob schremp has the funniest name ever.

Couldn’t tell you anything about him as a hockey player.

But he acts like a bitter ex trashing you after you are happily married.

Thanks for the laugh Robby, I needed it.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The same thing was posted on the Isles page. It got three responses, basically 'meh'.

The last one is "I mean I could care less what Schremp says but if it triggers Leafs fans that’s fine by me."

Looks like he pegged us pretty well. :sarcasm:

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
If they Leafs ever win a Cup, I cannot fathom what will happen to opposing team's fans.

I hope this isn't too out there to say, but there would be a significant population decline. If you catch my drift.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Different organization though. Our direction commitment and tactics to getting better always is very important to players and imo a big reason whybtavares left nyi

True.

But 5 years is a long time. And we are the only ones on the block that have that commitment.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
As long as we understand what a kid from Arizona may do....

The Coyotes have been a terrible franchise for pretty much all of their existence, I don't see that changing during the duration of Matthews' career. Matthews wouldn't go to a bad team just because its his hometown, same reason Stamkos never came when we were garbage, JT also wouldn't have come if we were still garbage.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
True.

But 5 years is a long time. And we are the only ones on the block that have that commitment.
The greatest worry and the context of it would be Matthews going home and Zona does not have it. There are few teams that have it, plus the cap space to add him. Yes in 5 years the landscape can change, but I feel he will be a leafs for most of his career

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Schremp? The waste of talent bust? I'm not a big fan of Tavares, he lacks the speed for the new NHL and is going to fizzle out long before his contract is over but he's 100x the player Schremp ever was.

Stay is your lane pal!
I can't believe I liked this post. I only read the last part and ended up liking it. Now after reading the entire post, I feel silly. Apologies to everyone for my mistake.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Schremp? The waste of talent bust? I'm not a big fan of Tavares, he lacks the speed for the new NHL and is going to fizzle out long before his contract is over but he's 100x the player Schremp ever was.

Stay is your lane pal!
Laine lacks the footspeed and will be an average player.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Laine lacks the footspeed and will be an average player.
Too late, he's already a star. See: goals by age 20

Tavares is great. I'm just worried his last 4-5 years on his contract are going to be rough.

Jets would be smart to sign Laine until age 30-31 and then let someone else pay for his decline.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He played with a 18/19 year old Tavares...pretty sure kids that age are chasing stats to you know, stay in the league.

Interestingly enough Tavares scored more goals and tied Schremps career points total in just his rookie season :laugh:. Considering Schremp was overhyped to be a superstar, I'm pulling the jealousy card on this one.

Thanks for the negative publicity though...
Yes he played with a kid who was everything he was supposed to be and he was on his way out of the league. What a loser for saying that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->