TV: Rob Lowe lands 4th TV Job in 12 months joins Code Black

member 51464

Did anyone here ever watch the show he left The West Wing for? Lion's Den or something like that.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
grinder shouldnt have been cancelled
+1
Did anyone here ever watch the show he left The West Wing for? Lion's Den or something like that.
I heard him talk about this on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me in the last year or so. They went from the network being super involved and meddlesome to being cancelled very quickly and everyone involved with the show was super bitter. He talked about how they ended up with a (never run?) finale where his character got thrown into a wood chipper or something. :biglaugh:

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Someone's giving him another tv job???

youngbloodlauter.png

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Same and same. Baffling medical crisis or two occurs and is solved within the hour. Doctors have their own neuroses and issues. Rinse and repeat.

I see the show has Luiz Guzman already, is there any comedy at all or just all seriousness?

Maybe they should spin it into a bad version of Scrubs (not quite as bad as Scrubs: Med School)

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I see the show has Luiz Guzman already, is there any comedy at all or just all seriousness?

Maybe they should spin it into a bad version of Scrubs (not quite as bad as Scrubs: Med School)

No, pretty much just seriousness. Maybe the odd bit of dark comedy here and there but nothing more.

It's not a bad show per se, it's just exactly like all of these other medical dramas that you can't remember the names of because they're all so similar and get cancelled and replaced every year anyway.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Light comedy like a typical CBS drama. Not a dramedy like the NCIS' but not entirely serious like a Law and Order.

Guzman plays a male nurse who goes by "Mom" though so there's that. It's honestly fine, but it's nothing special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad