Rob Hisey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkGilachuk

Feb 2, 2004
Ontario
Rob finished 6th in OHL scoring with 38 goals, 58 assists, and 96 pts, and tied for the team lead with a plus 11 on a so-so erie team. He is listed at 5'9 175lbs.

Does anyone think an NHL team will take a flyer on him to help their AHL team?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
ClarkGilachuk said:
Rob finished 6th in OHL scoring with 38 goals, 58 assists, and 96 pts, and tied for the team lead with a plus 11 on a so-so erie team. He is listed at 5'9 175lbs.

Does anyone think an NHL team will take a flyer on him to help their AHL team?

Well he was an invitee to the Stars camp last year, and apparently was very very good. So that situation seems to have much promise.

Hisey is a very good player, and I think he improved his speed and strength this season making him an even more effective player. The Otters weren't supposed to be anything but serious contenders for the first pick in the priority draft, and they managed to squeak into the playoffs thanks to the play of Hisey and defenseman Chris Campoli. First year goalie Josh Disher was very good too.

And While I'm not sure Hisey has an NHL future ahead of him (although who knows), I think he could be an excellent AHL player.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
ClarkGilachuk said:
He is listed at 5'9 175lbs.

I think that is a very generous listing.

No question Hisey can play though, he's very fast and the puck is like a magnet to him. He reminds of Nathan Robinson in a lot of ways, but probably doesn't have the shot Robinson has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad