Confirmed with Link: Rob Blake Named General Manager of Team Canada for IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship

Chris43

Oct 24, 2009
Arizona
I go to a lab for 5 hours and come back to this and wondered what the hell happened in those 5 hours... Well played.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Ziggy, are you going to be paying the medical bills for half the members on this site that had a heart attack? :laugh:

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
boourns.jpg

KingKopitar11*

Lol what was the original title?

Guessing it was Rob Blake named General Manager? :laugh:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Can they hire him full time please? Still hate the fact that he is here.

Was thinking the same thing.

I almost threw up tonight when O'Neal was talking about how Robitaille should do everything he can to get Blake in the HOF.

Does the Kings organization not know how disliked he is among the fanbase, or do they just not care?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

I almost threw up tonight when O'Neal was talking about how Robitaille should do everything he can to get Blake in the HOF.

Does the Kings organization not know how disliked he is among the fanbase, or do they just not care?

Eh, seeing how he's considered a respected person throughout the league and PA ranks, he serves as a pretty good recruiting tool for the organization.

Players look up to a veteran who made tons of $$$ and had a long career.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica

I really don't think many hate him. It's certainly not a majority for sure. Maybe something like 60-40 don't care or like him. There's always a smattering of boos but it's never been overwhelming and it seems like it's gotten less over time. I'm indifferent at this point. I don't particularly like him or some of the things he pulled when he was here, but he's still the only Kings d-man with a Norris and one of the best the team has ever had play for them. He seems to be pretty darn good at this whole front office thing so far although it's tough to say how much he's doing and what he's been involved in. It's like Smyth being here to me, sure I don't like him one bit, but I can look past the hate enough to recognize what he did and can acknowledge the good things he brought.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
hey, maybe if L.A. gets bounced in the 1st rd. then he convince a few of our Olympians to play another tournament. Just saying... I think L.A. San Jose is going to be one hell of a series.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Why would they care? It's not like ticket sales are down because Blake is around.

There's not a bad word said about Blake, except by some fans, which is understandable. But whether it was on the ice, in the room, or in the bank account, his peers respected him. I have no idea about his personal life, but at least professionally, he's ultimately been successful, personally or collectively, with every move he's made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad