youtu.be
He promised us a top 6 F and a Top 4 dman. Rob delivered

upload_2021-7-28_13-10-9.png

Reactions: Gjwrams

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
He promised two top 6 forwards and a top 4 defenseman and did put it together without giving up any major assets. They easily have a roster that can be competitive or at least knock on the door to the playoffs. The buck has been passed to TMac and seeing if he can get our system, combinations, and prospects together to take the next step. Blake is doing well.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I think he's done about as good of a job as can be reasonably expected of improving the team without hurting the farm and still holding on to picks.

That Danault signing is a big risk though.

I'm just surprised ownership was willing to spend this much money. Thanks uncle Phil.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I was surprised that he was able to sign Edler for only 1 year. His on-ice impacts were pretty solid given how bad the ‘Nucks were last year.

Danault and Arvidsson might not be the sexiest names, but they’re excellent play drivers and absolutely qualify as top 6 contributors. Let’s hope the sizzle arrives when Byfield, Kaliyev, and co hit their stride.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I like the moves. They make sense. Still happy getting a sparkplug like Arvidsson that plays bigger than he is. Just encourages others. Our AHL lineup if we let the prospects simmer.

Turcotte - Byfield - Kaliyev
Madden - Kupari - Fagemo
Thomas - Tynan - Frk

man we are stacked. Maybe a power forward would be nice but wow what a pipeline

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I think he's done about as good of a job as can be reasonably expected of improving the team without hurting the farm and still holding on to picks.

I'm just surprised ownership was willing to spend this much money. Thanks uncle Phil.
That is a small risk. A big risk would be signing a 36 yr old for five years at nearly $10M per.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

I doubt he cared one iota. The cap is there for cost certainty. I doubt if Blake has to ask anyone about anything other than buyouts. Billionaires don’t panic in a down market, they wait for the bounce back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->