Pre-Game Talk: Roadtrip over; homestand of... 2 games? Canucks vs. Canadiens, Saturday night

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Change things up a bit.
Lets give Pettersson a break from faceoffs replaced with Granlund. Also Pettersson has been a bit soft defensively covering his man in front of the net leading to goals. Demote Goldobin to third line.
Scratch Pouliot and Motte sends a message to other players that they must earn their roster spot.

Leipsic Horvat Virtanen
Ericksson Granlund Pettersson
Rouselle Gaudette Goldobin
Schaller Gaunce Archibald

Hutton Tanev
Del zotto Stetcher
Biega Gudbranson

Scratch

Motte
Pouliot
It's an interesting lineup. But Biega and Gudbranson are both right-side d-men, so they can't be paired together. And putting Granlund in the middle and shifting Pettersson to the wing would completely emasculate the second line. For better or worse, they're going to have live with Pettersson playing the middle. But Goldy isn't doing much to help him; and Eriksson is a good defensive presence on that line, but just too streaky a scorer.

I'm afraid Pettersson is destined to struggle a bit until Boeser returns. He's still setting up glorious scoring chances for his wingers and some of the d-men coming into the zone late. But they keep shooting wide or hitting iron.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I’m trying to figure out what type of wingers he needs though. I feel he would do better with grind me down wingers ala 30goal burrows than like a high skill Mason Raymond type.

Wayne Simmons’s would be a good match in my mind

You mean a guy like Matthew Tkachuk?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->