Roadrunners unveil new Kachina-style third jersey

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
HmjkuZe.jpg

It's got some getting used to. But I like it.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
They’ll sell a bunch of them...full STH members for next season will get one as part of the package.

(hopefully without the #99 and TGO’s autograph :naughty:)

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
I hate the purple. My understanding was that the original kachina purple was forced by Colangelo. Since the Coyotes were in AWA. I only follow hockey so I don’t care about crossovers of the other sports teams. I was really hoping the purple would be taken out. Preferred the other colors.
Maybe the sleeves won’t show up too much with the gloves and extended sleeve wear. Of course, then the bottom stripe will look like it’s floating.

Oh, well. At least we have hockey in AZ!

Reactions: RemoAZ

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It's a mess from a design standpoint, but at least they're trying something new.

Red/purple/black only works if they do it in the logo too. The green and "classic" kachina elements in the logo is what throws everything off.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I don't mind the red and purple so much. I think it's fair to say that you wouldn't have expected it if told they were doing a kachina roadrunner, but I think it'll work out. The green part on the roadrunner face is kind of odd; I can't quite tell why the mask doesn't just curve around onto that part of the face.

I wonder if the reason they Coyotes haven't announced intentions for moving to the kachina jersey next season is because the intent is wear them for all the home games should we make the playoffs, and obviously we won't know that for a bit longer.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
It’s so gross that I want to wear it as a joke.

Who’s going to post this on the main board along with gushing praise for the design?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Logo is fine. Not exactly how I don't would prefer, but whatever. It's the jersey that needs fixing. I love the idea. I just hate the execution.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Coytoes-D-backs-jersey.jpg

The more I think about it, the more I think I wouldn't mind something like this as a third. Use this colour palette with some black to do the Kachina template. Obviously ditch the Dbacks patches for our own. Could even do a grey as the base colour if we wanted something really unique. Bring back normal Kachinas for our fulltime home and aways.

Make all the people who hated the Kachinas, really hate them with turquoise!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Coytoes-D-backs-jersey.jpg

The more I think about it, the more I think I wouldn't mind something like this as a third. Use this colour palette with some black to do the Kachina template. Obviously ditch the Dbacks patches for our own. Could even do a grey as the base colour if we wanted something really unique. Bring back normal Kachinas for our fulltime home and aways.

Make all the people who hated the Kachinas, really hate them with turquoise!
That with grey as the base would be awesome as a third!

Reactions: _Del_

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I wonder how the kachina would look with a state flag color scheme of red, blue, yellow, and orange.

Don't mention stuff like this because it's embarrassing to be drooling at work (more than I usually do, I mean).

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
I wonder how the kachina would look with a state flag color scheme of red, blue, yellow, and orange.
I think this was a submission from someone on here when LeBlanc was acting owner of the team and they mentioned a uniform change. We HFers became the Coyotes jersey design team and painted these boards with all kinds of ideas. I believe an AZ flag color scheme was one of them.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I hate the purple. My understanding was that the original kachina purple was forced by Colangelo. Since the Coyotes were in AWA. I only follow hockey so I don’t care about crossovers of the other sports teams. I was really hoping the purple would be taken out. Preferred the other colors.
Maybe the sleeves won’t show up too much with the gloves and extended sleeve wear. Of course, then the bottom stripe will look like it’s floating.

Oh, well. At least we have hockey in AZ!

Why is it only the Rattlers have all the Arizona colors? They figured it out. Just use those colors with the Kachina. Don't overthink it!

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
While I like the attempt; it pretty much looks like someone scanned the Kachina logo and Photoshopped a roadrunner head onto it. In terms of color, I have never really liked the red, so I'd be fine with getting rid of it. I still prefer the green Kachina jersey to the red and (to an extent)black ones (maybe replace the cactii border). At least they are sort of trying to be consistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad