OT: Road to Victory: The New York Rangers Story NHL Network

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I know some people around have reached a certain point of disgruntlement that they want to believe '94 didn't happen. Personally I don't understand why people take the current team's **** out on '94 but that's neither here nor there.

That being said, even if you're tired of 1994, you need to watch this. It's a great production, and it might even change your mind about just how special that was.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I know some people around have reached a certain point of disgruntlement that they want to believe '94 didn't happen. Personally I don't understand why people take the current team's **** out on '94 but that's neither here nor there.

That being said, even if you're tired of 1994, you need to watch this. It's a great production, and it might even change your mind about just how special that was.

I'll never tire of 94. But I resent the Garden constantly bombarding me with it and treating it as if its some recent event.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I'll never tire of 94. But I resent the Garden constantly bombarding me with it and treating it as if its some recent event.

...and posters here constantly trying to compare every single thing this team did last year and going forward with it.

If I saw one more "We will win tonight." during the playoffs, I might have gone on a mall spree.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Yeah that's fair. The organization has a tendency to overdo the past in general.

But I still love watching things like this because I think as a fan you need to keep it with you as an extent. Championships aren't for one year, or two years. They're forever. If not, sports are just gonna make you miserable.

...and posters here constantly trying to compare every single thing this team did last year and going forward with it.

If I saw one more "We will win tonight." during the playoffs, I might have gone on a mall spree.

Yeah that was annoying and I was very vocal about that. Cherish '94 as much as you please. But to compare the current team to '94 is an insult to both.

Kershaw

I didn't see the video, but I'm guessing it's about 1994 again? :help:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Thanks for the upload and share. I barely remember the '86 Mets, so this is the only glorious moment I have to remember as a fan.

*Bob Richards*

I get bombarded by 94 so often, I swear I was there sometimes. Well, I was for just a bit. ;)

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I was 18 in 1994. It will never get old, imo. The Rangers could win 6 cups in a row and it still won't match 94.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Still brings me chills and tears..How could a Rangers fan be sick of 94? We were so blessed to have Leetch and Zubov on the PP.I wonder if Kovalev still has his troll?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Still brings me chills and tears..How could a Rangers fan be sick of 94? We were so blessed to have Leetch and Zubov on the PP.I wonder if Kovalev still has his troll?

Same here, it never fails either...when Sam starts to say "And the waiting is over! The New York Rangers are the Stanley Cup Champions!" I ALWAYS start to get choked up.

That year, that moment was so unbelievable. I was only 12, but I remember it all very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad