Road To The Winter Classic: Episode 1

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Just watched it, pretty good, much more into the game than 24CH. Makes you almost like the Bruins. Therrien's speeches between periods are so lame though. It's also available for download on the usual sites.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Pretty good! Sucks that it's on during our losing streak but hopefully we can get a few more wins for the other episodes.

Also, PK's jacket was ridiculous :laugh:

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Liked the show.

- Therrien sucks. I'd take Julien the whiner over him.
- Bergeron seems like a really nice guy.
- I'd like Chara if I wasn't hating him so much.
- Subban is born for television. Seriously, how amazing is he?
- Patches is boring.
- Too much Marchand.

JPGoHabsGo

May 30, 2013
So that isn't Liev Schreiber doing the narration right? It sounds kinda like him at points, and others sounds like a cheap imitation

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
So that isn't Liev Schreiber doing the narration right? It sounds kinda like him at points, and others sounds like a cheap imitation

Bill Camp is the narrator

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/12/14/bill-camp-road-to-winter-classic/

Bill Camp grew up outside of Boston and fell in love with the game of hockey. He became a pretty big Bruins fan at the age of five or six and learned how to skate and play the sport on an outdoor rink not far from his house. He was your typical “rink rat†as he experienced the snow coming down and the unique outdoor smell of the ice.

Given his past experience with outdoor hockey in the elements, the veteran actor will serve as narrator for the EPIX series, “Road To The NHL Winter Classic.†It will debut on Wednesday, Dec. 16 at 10 p.m. ET.

“I’m about as excited as I could possibly be,†said Camp. “It’s sort of like the holy grail of jobs for me. I’m super, super, super excited to be doing it.â€

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
The version running on Sportsnet has nearly 7 minutes cut from the US version.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...ontreal-canadiens-subban-pacioretty-marchand/

The language has been edited out and it appears Bergeron and his wife and son were cut out completely. That is a shame.

Unfortunate. Was a nice segment. Bergeron's wife did seem very nervous though. Kept repeating the same 3-4 words. Probably her first time on a TV show, so we can't really blame her.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Unfortunate. Was a nice segment. Bergeron's wife did seem very nervous though. Kept repeating the same 3-4 words. Probably her first time on a TV show, so we can't really blame her.

English is also her second language. What I have noticed over the years as an American-anglophone that I have few problems in Montreal, around Quebec City I have had problems away from downtown in communicating.

I can see Bergeron finishing his career in Quebec if Nords 2.0 ever happens as that is home for him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like it.....as I just can't stand watching the Bruins. I just hate seeing how Julien can be a great room guy. This guy just knows what to say , when to say it. And I hate seeing Bruins being happy. ;)

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like it.....as I just can't stand watching the Bruins. I just hate seeing how Julien can be a great room guy. This guy just knows what to say , when to say it. And I hate seeing Bruins being happy. ;)

Whitesnake - you are still beloved on the Bruins board :handclap:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Whitesnake - you are still beloved on the Bruins board :handclap:

:laugh: Bruins happy, me not happy. ;)

But I still like you and a "few" others. :D In all honesty, if we keep sinking, this is the perfect show for you guys. You are doing extremely well, we're not. 1 hour of pure pleasure. Just a perfect show. Not for us though.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
English is also her second language. What I have noticed over the years as an American-anglophone that I have few problems in Montreal, around Quebec City I have had problems away from downtown in communicating.

I can see Bergeron finishing his career in Quebec if Nords 2.0 ever happens as that is home for him.

Why do I feel like I just got knifed in the back? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad