Series Discussion: Road to the Winter Classic Discussion

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Kinda stupid they didn't show the tribute the Pitt fans showed to Orpik and didn't talk about it at all.

HBO would have shown it!!!! :D

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Just drove by Nats Park. Surprised not to see any large banners on the outside of the stadium advertising the Winter Classic. Still had huge Bryce Harper poster up. There were small WC banners on light poles along S Capitol St, but that was it. Besides those, and large amount of satellite trucks, you wouldn't figure a major event was taking place their tomorrow.

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
Not sure if anyone caught it but pretty sure Toews was caught saying to his teamates "You know the drill Brouwer, nobody likes you"

Burakovsky95*

Not sure if anyone caught it but pretty sure Toews was caught saying to his teamates "You know the drill Brouwer, nobody likes you"

It was actually "You know the drill Brouwer, no ****ing around"

lol

Burakovsky95*

Latta and Wilson did a Q&A on the Caps twitter account during the episode. It was very funny.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Watched with the close caption on to verify what I thought I might have heard and yeah it was "Brower you know the deal no ****ing around". Also Quenneville during the handshakes at the conclusion asked Brouwer if he had scored the game winner and after Brouwer responded Quenneville said something like **** you! Overall didn't see much animosity between these two teams with their comments on the ice. Some jabs at Latta from the Hawks players regarding him not really being a hockey player but that was about it.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
That last episode was great.

Trotz comes across as very articulate for an NHL coach and Q more spastic.

Notice how Trotz never says "North-South" game. He says "North" game. Small detail but pretty cool.

Q is always looking down at his paper notes when addressing the team where Trotz rarely does. Another small detail.

Hawks players clearly don't like Latta and clearly like Brouwer.

The twitter thing from latta/wilson was pretty awesome. Everyone should go thru that.

Can't help but come away with a great vibe from the Caps locker room.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
That last episode was great.

Trotz comes across as very articulate for an NHL coach and Q more spastic.

Notice how Trotz never says "North-South" game. He says "North" game. Small detail but pretty cool.

Q is always looking down at his paper notes when addressing the team where Trotz rarely does. Another small detail.

Hawks players clearly don't like Latta and clearly like Brouwer.

The twitter thing from latta/wilson was pretty awesome. Everyone should go thru that.

Can't help but come away with a great vibe from the Caps locker room.

Yes it's Pierre McGuire, but he said the same thing on Monday's Hockey This Morning on XM radio, that from the WC he felt that the Caps players seem to be a pretty close knit group.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Did Wilson tell Crawford that if he didn't shut-up, he would run him?

Not sure. But he certainly challenged Carcillo who wanted NO part of that action. Its been a long time since the Caps had a guy who stepped in so quickly to defend his teamates like 43. Erskine and Brash were not this edgy. Probably Konowalchuk or Tinordi.

Yes it's Pierre McGuire, but he said the same thing on Monday's Hockey This Morning on XM radio, that from the WC he felt that the Caps players seem to be a pretty close knit group.

Must have been pretty obvious then and wasn't just me. The team is very close and I think Trotz is a big reason why. He just comes across as a great human being.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Best episode of the series. So many awesome things.

- Loved the Olde English celebration after the win
- Ovi to Crawford after two posts "You lucky son of a *****"
- Trotz to Q "You drop more f-bombs than me" or something to that extent
- Hawks players were ribbing Brouwer all game, and he ends up scoring the GWG

Awesome stuff.

stanleycaps18

I cheer for laundry
Jul 10, 2003
Chocolate City
washcaps.com
Best episode of the series. So many awesome things.

- Loved the Olde English celebration after the win
- Ovi to Crawford after two posts "You lucky son of a *****"
- Trotz to Q "You drop more f-bombs than me" or something to that extent
- Hawks players were ribbing Brouwer all game, and he ends up scoring the GWG

Awesome stuff.

All of the above, but the Olde English 800 is simply epic.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
40s1.gif

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

Probably got that stuff right across the street from Nats Park at the liquor store (last stop in D.C.) on South Capitol Street.

Also just realized that's BMAC right next to Trotz. Is that the first time he even appeared in the series?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad