Series Discussion: Road to the Winter Classic Discussion

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
That whole Wilson/Latta apartment bit was hilarious.

Also it seemed liked the EPIX version is missing a lot of dialogue between players compared to the HBO editions. Yeah they profiled trotz and Quennville, but it was just missing a lot of dialogue between players on the ice and off.

Will see how episode 2 goes.

Too funny. They have 3 bottles of ketchup in the fridge. "Went to Costco and got the best ketchup deal in the entire world" "haven't used it much". Uh yes the Costco bulk buying experience.

"no one touches Backy" "no one touches our dad" "we call him papa"

Last edited:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
What we've got for the 2nd episode? Papa's hat-trick and historic SO in which Orpik scored some beauty? Not bad.

Would like to hear players' reactions to 20 rounds and individual goals :)

Burakovsky95*

Japersrink had someone behind the scenes of the editing of episode 2. Some highlights:

Stephen Pepper @StephenPepperNY · 10 hours ago
For #WinterClassic ep 2 "That shootout - we're going to turn that into an epic." Good audio from the Caps bench.

Look for more from "new stars" Latta and Wilson in Road to #WinterClassic. Apparently the ladies love 'em. And why shouldn't they?

A lot of off-ice events, holiday party fun to come in ep 2 Road to #WinterClassic. For Caps fans, a certain special newborn sighting. Aww.

Mermer

May 11, 2011
Toronto
Hey! I live in Canada so I'm unable to sign up for EPIX's free trial, anyone know where I can watch the series?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Was the Backstrom hatty in the first episode? I don't remember. Also, thought this episode was kinda meh. There's not much getting to know the players on a personal level compared to HBO. The bright spot of the series for the Caps is definitely the Latta-Wilson bromance.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Indeed.

Quenneville is great. You definitely come out liking the guy watching this how.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
The series has been kind of underwhelming in giving you a glimpse of player personalities. The segment with Backy and his daughter was nice, JoeQ is hysterical, and I love that Ward just dropped by to chirp Latta for going bunless.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
The first was a little odd, but this episode was much more polished and well delivered. I thought the pacing and cohesion between the visual cues and narrator were a lot better too (last time seemed like he had a different set of footage, because he was talking about all kinds of **** I didn't see going on), and that ending came out of nowhere. Absolutely gut wrenching.

HOLDITHERE*

Notes:

- Wilson and Latta are just perfect.
- Ward is awesome.
- I like Q so much more now.
- Trotz is officially my favorite coach ever. He's so good with EVERYONE.
- I forgot Backstrom was a daddy.
- Why is Crawford such a dick?
- Shaw is a *****.
- The Blackhawks just seem to have a completely unlikeable team aside from Kane and Quen.

- I didn't think I could possibly dislike Toews anymore. I thought maybe I'd get to know him a bit, and change my mind, but every time he opens his mouth, he makes me hate him even more.

- What a depressing ending.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
Anyone know when NHLnetwork is going to air these? I can get em' online, but would like to record/watch on the DVR, but I (DirecTV) smart searched and can't find em', then advanced the guide an hour at a time for 2-3 days and still never saw it? Had something about McDavid and some JWC games, some old games from this year, etc. But no Winter Classic..??

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
The promo NBC is running right now where Kathryn Tappen is suddenly stalked by Pierre McGuire was...creepy. Someone needs to get a vid of his skate-up.

Wow, Adam, nice work! You think of that on your own?

(No, you didn't)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->