OT: Road Hockey Rumble AKA 'The dry land thread'

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
As mossey said in the shinny thread, this should probably be it's own thread because of popularity.

Who is down for ball/road/roller hockey? Something we should get going because it's fun and makes you lose weight*.

*Reverend Physics.

I hear some possible venues out in Burnaby include Queen Elizabeth Park I believe is the name among others. Burnaby seems to be the centralized location for all of us to meet so somewhere in there instead of the boonies is preferable.

Let's get this going!

Poco's not too bad for you. Much worse for me, but I live in the middle of fricken' nowhere so everywhere is bad for me.

Jesus who lives in Poco anyways?

About 62,000 people.

I wish I still owned goalie equipment.

Oh well, I'm too out of shape to play hockey right now anyway, it's just sad :<

I would totally be down for some ball hockey though, I know there's a little closed in hockey space in a park here in North Burnaby if we ever had interested parties.

I'm sure we can get a decent showing.

John Bender*

I will be there if people wear name tags with their hfboard identity and full contact is allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Rhetorical question. I live in Aldergrove, at least you have a town center.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
So who do we have so far?

StanGrossman (?)
Patchey
Lawzy (?)
y2kcanucks (conditional?)
Reverend Mayhem

Yeah put me in for a maybe. When you have a day and more details then I'll confirm. I'll likely show up though.

Also, a place where I used to play roller hockey a lot is Ron McLean Park. It's right by the Edmonds skytrain station, and there's a lacrosse box that's pretty useful and isn't usually taken.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Aldergrove. I remember you...your baseball team had no business being in our league. Sure, you were good but the commute was horrible.

To be fair I moved here a year ago from North Delta, which had a decent baseball team and our hockey teams kicked Poco's ass yearly.

I am in, assuming the time set is fine with my schedule. I have 3 classes this summer so it shouldn't be too hectic. I can most likely bring people, 2 specifically browse HF but I have no idea whether or not they post.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I would probably be down if I'm not sleeping during the day :P

I haven't played road hockey for like, 8 years, would be awesome.

There is a 'court' or whatever you call an outdoor ball hockey arena I think at like Brentwood school or something. If anyone knows where it is, it's pretty empty and lots of empty space around for people to site and put their stuff. The fence isn't very high though.

Results

Sep 3, 2006
Vancouver
Definitely interested, besides the usual caveat about scheduling blah blah blah.

I also much much much prefer playing on wheels, though, which obviously isn't going to be as popular since it's less inclusive.

Chobomin

Jul 27, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
There is also a place by Pipeline that is good I believe, but like I said before Burnaby looks like the way to go.

I played there some times a few years ago, it's like 5 minutes away from where I live. A little small IMO. The place on Guildford between Falcon/Lansdowne is better/bigger and usually empty.

Patchey*

Why not just have a mix of feet and wheels?
It doesn't make a difference to be honest, it's how I always played growing up.

Topp Spin

STIHL 286
Dec 4, 2010
Alberta
I'd love to play, but live in Alberta. I come down to Vancouver every now and then, so if you guys choose a date, I'll see whether or not I'm in town!

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Why not just have a mix of feet and wheels?
It doesn't make a difference to be honest, it's how I always played growing up.

I find it to be too much of an advantage for those on feet, unless people are really good on blades

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
I find it to be too much of an advantage for those on feet, unless people are really good on blades

Think of the transition game, though!

Been awhile since I put on rollers, so I probably wouldn't, but I don't see anything against it. One of my buddies says he's down if it works with his schedule.

My last exam is on the 24th, classes restart around the 6th but I only have classes Monday-Thursday before 2. Except my Wednesdays which are much longer.

I assume most people will be working so itd most likely be a weekend?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad